Enrolments in VETtrak are the representation of the training activity undertaken by a client. They contain one or more units of competency / modules and may or may not be linked to a qualification / course. Enrolments which are not linked to qualifications / courses are known as 'Unit/Module only' enrolments.
- Setting the Collection State
- Creating a New Enrolment
- Unit Selection
- Selecting State Based Fields
- Pricing Information
- Optional Information
Setting the Collection State
Before enrolling a client, review what you have chosen at the top of VETtrak in the Collection State selection – You will be required to select the state that this enrolment will take place in. This will also effect the enrolment process, prompting for State Specific requirements to be enforced.
Creating a New Enrolment
There are many ways to enrol a client in VETtrak, in this example go to the Create menu, and select Enrolment:
On this screen, Use the Search option on the left hand side to look up the client you wish to enrol, and select them by double clicking their name.
You may notice this window specifies that you can select more than one client – this allows you to enrol multiple people at once, creating an enrolment for each selected client. For this demonstration, we will only be selecting one person.
When you have selected the person you want, press next to continue to the enrolment wizard proper.
In the top left we have red text, alerting me to fields necessary to progress the wizard.
- Location - This is the recorded location where the training is taking place. If you already have locations entered, you can drop down the list and select one, otherwise press the smallbutton to the left hand side of the drop down box to create a new one for immediate use.
- Reportability Options
*If you have a state funding contract in VIC, QLD, SA, ACT, TAS and NT you may choose this reportability option for all accredited enrolments regardless of funding eligibility.
- Report to state body – if you deliver any training funded by a State Body, all funded accredited enrolments must be reported to that funding body, who then forward the data to NCVER.
- Report to national body (NCVER) – Any accredited enrolments that are not reported to your state body are instead reported to NCVER.
- Do not report this enrolment – this should only be used for non-accredited training.
- Training Package Qualifications / Courses - Within here you can select a Qualification, or a Course should the box be ticked, to associate with this enrolment. You can drop down the box and select the relevant option, or click into the field and start typing to quickly select the one you need.
Enrolments which are not linked to qualifications / courses are known as 'module only' enrolments.
Within this portion of the Enrolment Wizard you also have the option to manipulate the Enrolment Start and Finish Date should you require, as well as the Enrolment Status and Enrolment Description. These fields are not used for AVETMISS based reporting.
Press Next to continue. This will display the Unit Selection window.
- Unit Search
- To search, type the first few characters of the Unit Code, OR
- Tick the checkbox to Expand the Qual Tree and identify the unit this way.
If you want to select multiple units, hold the CTRL key while left-clicking each unit, or hold SHIFT to select a range.
Press Next to continue. This will display the Set State Based Fields window.
Selecting State Based Fields
Depending on the Reportability Option selected on the first page of the Enrolment Wizard, this window will change to reflect the specific reporting needs required to progress the wizard.
- For State Based learning where government funding may be involved, it is likely you will need to record funding details to reflect the particular government contribution you are eligible for.
- For National Reporting Details, the requirements are relaxed as this is often associated with Fee For Service learning.
- Enrolments set to Do Not Report will not require any specific information be entered on this page, as no information will be reported.
This screenshot is an example of a Nationally Reportable Enrolment's Fields, showing information such as Delivery Type and (National) Funding Source.
Commencing status is used to communicate the Commencing Program Identifier of the enrolment. This serves to identify if the student started their enrolment in the current collection year or in the previous collection year. It can also be used to communicate that enrolment in question is a Unit/Module only enrolment.
Press Next to continue. This will display the Enter Pricing Information window.
This area of the Enrolment Wizard is designed to set up the pricing items that are to be charged for the enrolment, and may be utilised in your AVETMISS reporting depending on State Requirements.
You can Right-click an appropriate heading (Enrolment, Unit/Module, Inventory) to choose an item to be created against that heading, where you can then enter the Amount and GST if you require.
An example of the kind of information entered here could be a Course Fee for the enrolment itself, or Tuition Fee details for the associated units. Pricing Items can be customised to suit whatever requirements you may have, and you can utilise Funding Models to create template based pricing details. These amounts can then be represented on an Invoice should you require.
Press Next to continue. This will display the Enter Optional Information window.
The input-related window of the Enrolment Wizard is dedicated to Optional Information. This area can be used to enter additional details that are relevant to the Enrolment and may serve to benefit your own administration processes.
Noteworthy fields in here include details such as the ability to attach an Employer with a Contact to the Enrolment, the option to record a Referral Source and an area that can be used to attach Enrolment Staff to the Enrolment. In the bottom left hand side of this window, press the button to add a row to this section, then select the Staff Type that corresponds to the Staff Member you wish to use. You can then select your Staff Member in the final drop down box.
Associating Staff Members to Enrolments can be beneficial for tracking Trainer progress within the Staff Manager, and for querying via Staff-related VETtrak reports.
Press Next to continue. This will display the Finish button, at this point Enrolment will be created.
You can view your created Client Specific Enrolment within the Client Manager by expanding the relevant headings, such as Enrolments (non contract) and Enrolments (occurrence). Right-clicking on an existing Enrolment will give you the option to Edit the enrolment should you require.
If you have taken the steps to attach an enrolment to a Contract, it will appear under the Contracts heading.