In VETtrak, South Australian User Choice claims for on-the-job New Apprentices are based on the visits recorded in the Contract Wizard, and the off-the-job claims utilise dates when results are recorded, along with 'Claimed Dates' against enrolled units / modules.
Claims can be either entered directly into the Apprenticeship Traineeship Information System (ATIS), or electronically uploaded into ATIS as an XML file which is generated by VETtrak. This XML file is produced through the SA Claim Wizard (Utility > SA utilities > Export claim). This is a one-page wizard, with on-the-job and off-the-job claims shown on the same page.
- If you wish to filter your claim by funding agreement, select the funding agreement(s) here.
- Set the period for the search. This is usually a full month.
- Indicate whether you want to include visits from earlier than this period whose claim date is not set (Re-claims).
- Indicate whether you want to count the hours from units / modules or elements (see Note below)
- Indicate whether you want to search for on-the-job or off-the-job claims, or both.
- Set the claim date. This is usually the last date of the search period, i.e. the last day of the month.
- Click the Search button and
- the trainees will be shown in the grid along with their claiming information.
- Tick the tickboxes of the trainees you want to claim (click the Use heading to tick / untick all the boxes).
- You can edit their contract directly from this window by clicking the button on the right.
- Comments can be added here (maximum 200 characters).
- Use this button to print a report of the claim for your own records, or
- Use this button to save it as an Excel spreadsheet file.
- Click the Export button to create the XML file. You will be asked whether you want to save the claim date against the selected trainees' visits / results. Click Yes to save them. A Locate Folder window will be displayed. Choose the folder where you want to store this claim file.
·It is possible to include units that are not complete in a claim. To include a unit, set the Claimed Date in the Record Enrolment Results Wizard to somewhere in the month of the claim, and it will be picked up in that claim.
·By default, hours for off-the-job claims are obtained from the enrolled units / modules. In some cases, RTOs that deliver extremely lengthy units which span claiming periods can choose to use the hours assigned to the elements which make up the unit. Obviously for this to work correctly you need to record results at the element level and also make sure that the hours assigned to the elements total to the correct value for the unit. To make claims using elements, indicate so via the radio button above. If you need more information regarding this, contact VETtrak support.
How Do I Re-claim a Visit?
Just edit the person's contract and delete the Claimed Date for the visit to be re-claimed and make sure the Include previous visits that are unclaimed tickbox above is ticked.
How Do I Re-claim a Unit / Module?
Just edit the person's Enrolment Results and delete the Claimed Date for the unit / module to be reclaimed and make sure the Include previous results that are unclaimed tickbox above is ticked.