This utility provides the mechanism to create the STUDENT.TXT file for export. This is normally only required for CAT-funded programmes. Go to the Utility menu and select WA utilities > Student export.
- Indicate if you want to include students (not apprentices / trainees), apprentices and trainees, or both. This defaults to Students only as this export is normally only required for CAT-funded programmes.
- Click the Search button.
- The grid will fill with exportable students. That is, students who have enrolments which have active CPS numbers, where the location set in the enrolment is in Western Australia and Report to state body is selected.
- Each record will have a coloured status to indicate if it has errors or not. Red = error, Yellow = warning, Green = OK. Click on the coloured box to see a message which explains the errors.
- Click on the button on the right to edit the client's details if necessary.
- Click the Excel button to save a copy of the file as an Excel spreadsheet.
NOTE: This button does not create the file that you send to the government. This button creates Excel spreadsheets for your own reference. Your report for the government is created by the Export button (number 8 below).
- Tick the tickboxes next to the records you want to export. You can only toggle the tickboxes on error-free (Yellow or Green) records.
- Click the Export button once all the errors have been rectified, to save the STUDENT.TXT file to a disk location of your choice.
NOTE: Click on a column heading to sort the records by that column. This feature is particularly useful for grouping all your records with errors together by sorting them according to Status column.