The VTDocs Integration allows VETenrol to upload any documents submitted as part of the registration process to the VTDocs database. From then on any documents will appear against the client's enrolment in VETtrak.
There are multiple ways to access the documents via VETtrak, here is one example:
The integration is available to clients that host their database with VETtrak Pty Ltd.
Once VTDocs and the VTDocs API have been enabled by Support, there are some steps requiring action at your end.
Update your licence key
- Choose File > Global Preferences.
- Select Registration Key on the left.
- Click Update Key Automatically.
NOTE: A message saying the key is already up-to-date indicates this step has already been done.
Security permissions for the API user
This will provide access to VTDocs.
- Choose Manage > Security.
- Expand Application/Role management.
- Expand the VTDocs Portal tree.
- Expand VTDocs Portal default role.
- Right-click Assigned users and choose Assign users to role.
- Add the user with the name VETtrak API to this list.
IMPORTANT: With the introduction of Named User Licensing, it is necessary to log into your VTDocs portal with the user that you assign to this role. On login you will need to change the password and then those credentials will be ready for use with VETenrol.
Create a suitable FileTrak File Type
NOTE: If you want the registration documents to appear in the Trainer portal, skip creating a new file type and instead select the Trainer Portal file type when completing the VTDocs API Details VETenrol.
- Choose Manage > Configuration.
- Right-click FileTrak file types and choose Add new file type.
- Enter the Name. For example, Web enrolment docs.
- Optionally, enter a Code and a Description.
- Click Next and Finish.
This newly created file type needs to be fetched and saved in VETenrol's General Settings, in the File Type ID field.
RELATED: VTDocs API Details regarding connection credentials and adding the file type.