The VTDocs Integration allows VETenrol to upload any documents submitted as part of the registration process to the VTDocs database. From then on any documents will appear against the client's enrolment in VETtrak.
There are multiple ways to access the documents via VETtrak, here is one example:
The integration is available to clients that host their database with VETtrak Pty Ltd.
Once VTDocs and the VTDocs API have been enabled by Support, there are some steps requiring action at your end.
- Update your licence key
- Create a new user
- Assign the user to the role in Security Manager
- Create a suitable FileTrak File Type
Update your licence key
- Choose File > Global Preferences.
- Select Registration Key on the left.
- Click Update Key Automatically.
NOTE: A message saying the key is already up-to-date indicates this step has already been done.
Create a new user
It is recommended that a new user be created for the purpose of authenticating with VTDocs.
- Choose Create > Client from the menus (or press CTRL + F7 on your keyboard).
- Enter a Surname, eg. Auth.
- Enter a Given name, eg. VTDocs.
- Select Division (only if required).
- Tick the Is a staff member option.
- Click Next.
- The Username and Password fields will have been pre-filled when the surname was entered. These can be changed, or you can keep the generated ones.
Make note of the Username and Password, as the password will be hidden once the wizard is complete. You will need these credentials to login to VTDocs to complete the password change that is required if User must change password at next login is enforced. This should be done before entering any credentials into your VETenrol account.
- Tick the VTDocs Portal option for Web portal access. Untick all other options ticked by default.
- Click the Finish link in the breadcrumbs to skip to the final step.
- Untick Edit personal information for this client, then click Finish.
Assign the user to the role in the Security Manager
This will provide access to VTDocs.
- Choose Manage > Security.
- Expand Application/Role management.
- Expand the VTDocs Portal tree.
- Expand VTDocs Portal default role.
- Right-click Assigned users and choose Assign users to role.
- Add the user to this list.
If you've used the example name in this article, the surname will be Auth.
IMPORTANT: User must change password at next login will make it necessary to log into your VTDocs portal with the user that you assign to this role. On login you will need to change the password and then those credentials will be ready for use with VETenrol.
Create a suitable FileTrak File Type
NOTE: If you want the registration documents to appear in the Trainer portal, skip creating a new file type and instead select the Trainer Portal file type when completing the VTDocs API Details VETenrol.
- Choose Manage > Configuration.
- Right-click FileTrak file types and choose Add new file type.
- Enter the Name. For example, Web enrolment docs.
- Optionally, enter a Code and a Description.
- Click Next and Finish.
This newly created file type needs to be fetched and saved in VETenrol's General Settings, in the File Type ID field.