Units can be imported into VETtrak by way of importing the Training Package that contains them. This serves to access range of units as dictated by the Training Package itself, and allows you to then create a qualification to utilise these units. You can also manually add individual units should you require.
Adding Units via Importing a Training Package
To start, select the Manage menu within VETtrak, and select Qualifications:
Within here, right click on the heading that says Training Packages and select the option Import/Update Packages from TGA:
This will display the Import Package from TGA Wizard - And will load a list of available Training Packages:
To select a Training Package to import, put a tick in the box on the left-hand side:
Once you have selected the Training Package you require, press the Import/Update Selected Packages button to begin the process:
Once this has completed, you will see the following message:
Within your Qualification Manager, if you expand your Training Packages heading, you will see your newly imported package:
If you expand this heading, and then expand the units in package heading, you will see your imported units:
You can also quickly search for units on the right hand side of the manager via the Unit Search option:
Adding a Unit to VETtrak Manually
If the unit still does not appear in VETtrak, that would mean that the unit is not yet available to import via this process.
To solve this, you can manually input a unit by right clicking on the Units in Package heading and selecting Add new unit:
This will open the Add Unit/Module Wizard:
- Name is for entering the full Unit Name as it appears within any documentation provided.
- National Code requires the Nationally Recognised Code for the unit to be entered.
- State Code is used if a particular entered unit requires a State Specific code. In more recent times, this field is often left blank.
- Field of Education is used to enter the correct AVETMISS specified value for this particular unit. This can be imported via the Update AVETMISS Fields functionality.
- Expected Duration can be used to represent the expected number of days it will take to complete this unit.
- Unit Options
- Yes is VET indicates that is unit is a VET industry recognised item of training.
- Exists on training.gov.au similarly indicates that this unit appears on the TGA website.
- This Unit/Module is inactive allows a unit to be deactivated or archived should it be required. This will not effect existing learning that utilise this unit, but will prevent it's use in future.
- Multi State claiming values is an area to record Unit information that can differ from state to state.
- Nominal Hours. VETtrak allows you to record different hours for each state for your units. The number of hours will then be allocated to that unit in an enrolment according to which state the enrolment is in. These values can also be imported via the Update AVETMISS Fields functionality.
- Points represent an optional field that can be used to add a 'value' to a unit for administration purposes.
- Unit Amount allows entry of a dollar value for that unit per state, if required.
- Expiry Months allows a VETtrak user to specify an expiry period for a unit. When a completion-type result is recorded for a unit with an expiry period, the expiry date will be automatically calculated from the date the unit was completed. This date can then be viewed in the Record Results Wizard. For example, if the unit had a 12 month expiry period recorded and a person completed this unit on 13th August, 2017, their expiry date will be set to 13th August, 2018.
- Element Amount functions similarly to the Unit Amount, but on an Element level.
Simply enter the unit information here as provided via whatever documentation you might have received, and finish the wizard to make the unit ready for immediate use.