To create a new role, you can:
- Right-click on an existing role and select Duplicate role.
- You can also Right-click on the application (VETtrak) heading and select Add role.
- Role Name - Give the role a name
- This is a read only role - Tick this box if you want this role to have read-only access to all aspects of VETtrak.
If a role is set as read-only, it will not be possible to grant Edit, Add or Delete access to any features at all. If you want to create a role that has only View access to most features, but a higher access level for a small number of features, you could:
- Create the role as non-read-only, and manually remove higher access levels from all features that are meant to have only View access.
- Create the role as read-only (so it starts out with only View access to everything), then edit the role to untick the read-only box. You will then be able to add the higher access level to the few items that require it.
- Duplicate a read-only role, and then edit the role to untick the read-only box. You will then be able to add the higher access level to the few items that require it.