There are a number of personal details about a client that are needed for your VET FEE-HELP reports. As personal details mostly do not change, they are collected in a separate wizard and can be set once for each client.
The first time you enter a Course of Study for a client, the Client VET FEE-HELP Details Wizard will open by default when you complete the Course of Study Wizard. Some fields will already be set from information contained in the Client Personal Wizard, and you will need to set the remaining details.
To open the Client VET FEE-HELP Details Wizard you can either:
- Tick the box at the end of the Course of Study Wizard, or
- Right-click on the VET FEE-HELP node in the Client Manager and select Edit client VET FEE-HELP details.
- 347 - If Known year of arrival is selected at left, the Year field will be available to enter the year of arrival. Otherwise the Year field will not be available, and a code will be automatically generated depending on the selection.
- 348 - If the client has a language spoken at home recorded in the Personal Wizard, the radio buttons will not appear, and this field will be automatically populated as follows:
Other language: Four-digit AVETMISS code for that language
If the language spoken at home is recorded as Not Stated in the Personal Wizard, the radio buttons will be enabled and the code automatically populated as follows:
Yes: 9998 (non-English language spoken at home, but not known which one)
Don't know: 9999 (no information on whether English is spoken at home or not)
1 - Australian citizen (incl those with dual citizenship)
2 - New Zealand citizen or diplomatic staff/dependant
8 - Permanent humanitarian visa holder
3 - Permanent visa holder (not humanitarian visa)
4 - Temporary entry permit holder or diplomatic staff/dependant (not NZ)
5 - None of above. Resides overseas.
- 386 - Disability information is drawn from the Personal Wizard and preselected here. It can be overwritten here only if there is a prior existing Client VET FEE-HELP setting which is different to the personal setting. Note that the categories of disability required are slightly different to the AVETMISS ones entered in the Personal Wizard. The categories have been matched as closely as possible, but use your judgement to decide on the appropriate category.
- 416 - Tax file number must be a nine-digit number, which is validated using the ATO algorithm, and is encrypted before being saved in the database. Reported as an 11-digit code, with leading zeros added to the number entered.
- 319, 320 - If Australia is selected, you must enter a postcode.
If Overseas is selected, choose the country from the dropdown list.
- 346 - The Country of Birth should be set in the Personal Wizard. The radio buttons are only shown if no country of birth is set in the Personal Wizard.
- 476 - If the person is a domestic school leaver, you must enter the postcode of their permanent home residence in Year 12.
- 486 - This field is enabled only if Yes is selected above.
- If the person is a domestic commencing student, enter details of their highest prior educational participation.
- The year must be after 1930 and before now (this year is accepted).