This utility merges multiple employers' information into a single employer. It can be used in scenarios where the same employer has been entered multiple times and there are a large number of them to fix.
The Employer Merge Wizard is launched from the Utility menu:
- Select the correct employer record (Master Employer) on the left-hand side. This should be the record that has the most accurate contact information, as the contact information from the other records will be lost after the merge.
- Then select the employer(s) to be merged (Merging Employers) on the right-hand side.
- Double-click on the required employer(s) and they will appear in the panel on the right.
- Click Perform Merge and the employer(s) in the right-hand panel will be merged into the selected Master Employer.
The records for the Merging Employers will then be deleted from the database.
What information ends up in the remaining record?
Enrolment information from the Merging Employers(s) will be brought across into the Master Employer.
- Information which an employer can only have one of is not moved across. The information in the Master Employer will not be overwritten, and whatever was in the Merging Employer's record(s) will be discarded. This includes:
- Legal name
- ACN / ABN
- Address and other contact details
- RTO / NAC / AAC
- No. of employees
- Employer Type
- ANZSIC code
- Information which an employer can have many of (e.g. attributes, employees, contracts, events) is moved across and added to the information in the master record . The employer record after the merge will have the contracts, attributes, etc of both the records combined. This applies to:
- Placements (contract & non-contract)
- In tables for which there can be many values, but the same value can only be present once (i.e. Attributes), the following error message will be displayed if both records contain the same value.
The rest of the merge will continue successfully. This error message is no cause for concern, as it simply indicates that the merge has not created an Employer record with the same value duplicated.