The VET FEE-HELP Exporter creates five files for reporting up to four times a year, depending on census dates:
- VLL / VRL (Load Liability)
Contains the records of student load and student liability for all units of study undertaken by students enrolled in an approved VET FEE-HELP course.
VLL records represent units of study whose census date falls within the specified date range.
- VEN (Student Enrolment)
Provides a profile of students (date of birth, gender, home location, country of birth, etc.) enrolled in approved, accredited VET courses. All eligible students must be reported, regardless of whether they choose to access VET FEE-HELP or not. There should be exactly one record for each student/course combination for a reporting period.
VEN records represent courses of study which contain a unit of study with a census date falling within the specified date range
- VDU (Help Due)
Reports the personal details, including names, Tax File Numbers (TFNs) and CHESSNs of all students accessing VET FEE-HELP assistance.
Like VEN records, VDU records represent courses of study which contain a unit of study with a census date falling within the specified date range
Normally the VLL/VRL and the VEN would be exported quarterly at the same time. The VDU file can be exported separately and is normally only reported half yearly.
In addition to these, there are two files which are reported twice a year:
- VCC (Course Completions)
Contains information regarding student course completions for the reporting year. Only records with the Completion Status (446) on Page 1 of the Course of Study Wizard set to "Completed" or "Rescind previous completion" will appear in this file.
- VCU (Unit Completions)
Records the actual completion status for each unit of study undertaken by students in the reporting year.
These two files would normally be exported at the same time.
See the Tables of Export Fields for details of where the information comes from for each of the files.
To export the files, go to Utility>VET FEE-HELP Export.
- Select the date range you want to export records for, or...
- ...click the buttons to automatically shift the dates back or forward a whole quarter.
- This field is automatically populated with the four-digit Provider Code you entered in the Organisation Wizard (via the Configuration Manager). This number is allocated to your organisation by the government.
- You can enter your own submission number here if you want, or use the one automatically generated by the exporter. The number here will automatically increase by 1 each time you close the wizard after performing an export. If multiple exports are performed in one session without closing the wizard, all these exports will have the same submission number.
- Tick these boxes to include any records that have not been exported from a previous period, or to re-export records from this period that have already been marked as exported previously.
- Tick this box to automatically mark these records as exported after you have exported them.
- The export file formats contain a number of 'filler' fields. The government system will accept anything in these fields. If you tick this box, the client's name will be entered in those fields, followed by trailing blanks. Otherwise these fields will be left blank.
- Tick this box if you want to include any units from which the student has withdrawn without penalty.
- Tick this box to validate the dates, and choose the type of export - this will check whether the date range you have specified is a valid date range for that type of export:
- The VLL/VEN and the VDU exports require that the start and end date be in the same half-year period (1st Jan to 30th June, or 1st July to 31st December, of the same calendar year).
- The VCC/VCU exports require that the start and end dates be in the same calendar year.
- For VCC exports, indicate whether you want to export records of new course completions (4) and / or deletions of previous records due to administrative errors (5).
- Click the Load button.
- The data to be exported in each file can be viewed by clicking on the tabs.
- Click on the heading of any column to sort by that column, Shift-Click on another column for secondary sorting.
- The text here allows you to see at a glance what settings you chose on the first page.
- The Status column will change colour to let you know if there problems with any of the records:
Green = OK;
Red = There is an error in that record on the current tab;
Orange = There is an error in that record on one of the other tabs.
- The number of records with and without errors is shown at the bottom of the wizard.
- A summary of this information is also shown on the Statistics tab.
- You can untick any records that you do not want to export.
- The Use boxes can only be unticked on the VLL tab; the corresponding records on the other tabs will be automatically unticked/re-ticked, to ensure that the data in each export file pertains to the same clients and enrolments.
- Only records with no errors on any tab (i.e. Green records) can be ticked and exported.
- Click on these boxes to open the appropriate wizard to fix any issues or otherwise edit the data for any reason. Hover over the icon at the top of the column to see which wizard each button will open.
- Clicking this button will export all of the files as five separate Excel spreadsheets. This is for your own records only.
- Click the Export buttons to create each of the export file(s).
- If you have chosen to validate dates for a particular type of export on page 1, only the button for the selected export type will be enabled. If you want to continue and export the other files as well, you will need to go back to page 1 and select the next export type to process. (If you have not chosen to validate dates, all the buttons will be enabled and you will be able to click each button in succession to do all the exports.)
- Errors will be indicated in the following circumstances:
- Client VET FEE-HELP details have not been edited (all files)
- Client USI has not been validated (VEN file)
- Unit of Study discipline has not been set (VLL file)
- Client tax file number has not been set or is not valid (VDU file)