In order to have a new document included on the Intranet, the document needs to be submitted for approval and subsequent upload. This can be done through the Document Manager > Upload New Document menu item.
- Enter the Document Name as it is to appear on the Intranet.
- Briefly explanation the purpose/use of the document in the space for Description.
- Select the appropriate Category from the drop down menu.
- Choose the person who needs to approve the document from the Assigned To drop down menu. This could be your supervisor, a project leader or the manager.
- Select a Priority based on the urgency for approval. If in doubt choose 'Normal'.
- Browse for the Master Document and the PDF of Master where applicable. Most documents require both, but templates do not require a PDF.
- Click the Submit button.
This will display the newly created request as recorded in the Document Register. You can navigate away from this screen.