Before enrolments can be sent from VETtrak to FinPa, the courses in FinPa must first be mapped to the appropriate units and qualifications in VETtrak. Note that a course in FinPa can correspond to either a qualification or a unit in VETtrak, but not both. Each FinPa course can only be mapped to one VETtrak qualification or unit, and a VETtrak qualification can only be mapped to one FinPa course. A VETtrak unit, however, can be mapped to more than one FinPa course. Generally FinPa users will set up a 'parent' course to represent the qualification, and add 'child' courses to represent each unit in the qualification.
To map the courses, right-click on a brand and select FinPa/VETtrak course mappings.
- Click Update course list from FinPa.
- This column indicates whether this is a new course from FinPa, or an updated version of an existing course. If this is blank, the course has already been mapped, and there are no changes to it.
- The FinPa code is used to match the FinPa course with a qualification or unit in VETtrak. If an exact match for the code is found, the qualification or unit with that code will be automatically linked.to the FinPa course.
- If a course cannot be automatically matched, both the Unit/Module column and the Qualification/Course column will be blank.
- If there are courses in the list that you don't want to map, click the red cross to remove them.
- (below) To find a unit to match the course to, click on the empty Unit/Module cell and the unit search panel will drop down to allow you to search for the correct unit.
- (below) To find a qualification to match the course to, click on the empty Qualification/Course cell and a simple dropdown list will appear for you to select a qualification from.