Whenever you export files out of VETtrak on the hosting service, whether they are AVETMISS exports or report exports, we recommend that you do not save directly to your local computer, but export to the server first, and then copy the file over. This is the preferred method, as it is less resource-intensive on both your computer and our server.
Once you have generated a report, save it to Reports folder, which is inside the VETtrak folder on the V drive. We recommend creating a folder in your Reports folder for exports (e.g. Exported Files) and exporting there. Then follow the procedure below to move it to your local machine.
- Click the Start button at the bottom left of the screen:
- Click This PC to open Windows Explorer.
- Double-click on the V drive. This will begin with your organisation code (e.g. ABC):
- Browse to the location where you exported the files.
- Select the files you wish to copy to your local computer. You have two options at this point:
- Copy and paste (easiest option) - Only if your computer is running Windows: With the file selected, press the Ctrl key and C at the same time. Minimise the hosting environment so you can see your own PC and browse to the folder where you want to save the file(s). Press Ctrl and V and the file(s) you copied will be placed in this location.
- 'Copy to' menu option -Works for both Windows and Mac OS X: Alternatively, you can double click the Home button (located next to File) to expand the ribbon. The ribbon has a button that says Copy to - click this and select Choose location. Select the drive you wish to save to, browse to the folder you want to save into, then click OK.
You now have the files on your local computer and can use them as required.
NOTE: If you find that you're either transferring large files, or large numbers of files, please contact us about ways that we can make this transfer easier for you.