Important - please read this first
- Report updates - after performing the update to 4.4.6, you must perform a report update in VETtrak. To do so, after updating to 4.4.6, go to the File menu -> Global Preferences -> Report Preferences -> Check Web For Updates button.
This minor update fixes an issue in the NSW Smart and Skilled Provider Calculator Exporter, that caused it to export an Activity Period of "0" for a TPPPQ enrolment.
This minor update makes the following changes to NSW Smart and Skilled functionality, in accordance with the Smart and Skilled Update Number 22 issued by the Department on 26 April 2016:
- New fields in Provider Calculator Export. New fields for "PAS Number", "Waiver Strategy" and "Fee or Waiver Code" have been added to the eligibility tabs in the Enrolment wizard for NSW Smart and Skilled. A new tickbox to indicate that "This enrolment is being delivered under a TPPPQ activity schedule" has also been added - if this is ticked, the PAS Number needs to be entered. The new fields are now included in the NSW Provider Calculator Export wizard.
- Reporting not started units for discontinued training. When reporting a student who has discontinued training, if the student has not commenced training for a particular unit, then it should be left with a blank result, the start and finish dates no longer need to be in the future, and the "Training Status" field for the enrolment should be set to "Training not completed" to report TNC in the "Outcome Identifier - Training Organisation" field in the NAT120. Generate AVETMISS for NSW Smart and Skilled has been changed to allow an empty result with result dates in the past to be reported when the Training Status for the enrolment is set to TNC.
- Extend NSW unit dates. The Extend NSW Unit Dates wizard will no longer update the dates of any units in enrolments with a "Training Status" of "Training not completed", to avoid changing dates for discontinued training.
- Changing dates of not started units. In the Enrolment Results and Occurrence Results wizards, for a unit that is NSW Smart and Skilled state reportable and has an empty result, or is WA state reportable and has a "not yet started" result, you can now change the start date of the unit even if the "Result start date being changed" result preference is set to warning or error.
This minor update fixes the following issues:
- In Generate AVETMISS, hyphens and digits are no longer stripped from the "Name for encryption" field in the NAT80 file in any state other than VIC.
- An error that occurs when assigning events to multiple clients.
This minor update from version 184.108.40.206 fixes the following issues in 220.127.116.11:
- The "Calc" button in the pricing grid in the Enrolment wizard may not add prices for all units.
- An error that can occur after saving generated AVETMISS files when using a version of Firebird earlier than 2.5.
Version 4.4.6 is a major update from 18.104.22.168 and includes database updates. Ensure you have a backup of your database before updating. If at all unsure please contact VETtrak Customer Support on 03 6333 0166 or email email@example.com.
The most significant changes are:
- Ezidebit payment plans.
- Ability to price and invoice VET FEE-HELP units of study.
- Ability to record Jobactive provider details.
- Moodle Authentication Integration.
VETtrak now has the ability to integrate with the Ezidebit system (http://www.ezidebit.com.au/) to allow invoices to be paid by a payment plan, with regular credit card or bank account direct debit payments managed by Ezidebit.
The features include:
- Configure Ezidebit integration. A new "Ezidebit preferences" page in Global Preferences allows you to configure VETtrak with your Ezidebit account details, and allows you to configure default settings for your Electronic Direct Debit Request (eDDR) forms sent from VETtrak.
- Setup Ezidebit payment plan. Right-click an invoice in VETtrak and select "Setup Ezidebit payment plan" to set up an Ezidebit payment plan for the invoice. You specify the start date, payment frequency (weekly, fortnightly, monthly, every 4 weeks, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly), payment amount per instalment and total amount to be collected.
- Electronic Direct Debit Request (eDDR) forms. When setting up an Ezidebit payment plan for an invoicee that does not yet have an Ezidebit account, VETtrak allows you to send a merge template email to the invoicee, containing a generated Ezidebit eDDR form URL that the invoicee will click on to sign up for the payment plan. The eDDR form will give the invoicee all the details of their plan, including Ezidebit fees, and allow the invoicee to enter their credit card or bank account details and agree to the payment plan.
- Confirm Ezidebit accounts. A new Utility menu -> Ezidebit -> "Confirm Ezidebit accounts" option allows you to check which invoicees have signed up for their Ezidebit payment plans and which have not. You can also do this check for an individual invoicee by right-clicking the Ezidebit node in the Client or Employer Manager and selecting "Confirm Ezidebit account".
- Download payments from Ezidebit. Ezidebit will automatically collect payments as per the payment plan. A new Utility menu -> Ezidebit -> "Download payments from Ezidebit" option allows you to download information about settled payments that Ezidebit has collected. This will create the payments in VETtrak against the invoice.
- Change Ezidebit account payment details. If an invoicee wishes to change the credit card or bank account details that Ezidebit uses to process payments, this can be done through VETtrak by right-clicking the Ezidebit node in the Client or Employer Managers and selecting "Change Ezidebit account payment details".
- Update Ezidebit account details. Ticking the new "Send updated details to Ezidebit" tickbox at the end of the Client Personal wizard will update the address and contact details in Ezidebit for the client.
- Ezidebit indicators. VETtrak will indicate which invoices have an Ezidebit payment plan, and which payments were processed by Ezidebit.
- Cancel payment plan. Right-clicking an invoice in VETtrak that has an Ezidebit payment plan and selecting "Cancel Ezidebit payment plan" will allow you to cancel it in Ezidebit. You can also replace an invoicee's payment plan with a new one, for the same or different invoice.
- Supports both client and employer invoices. Both client and employer invoices can have an Ezidebit payment plan. For employer invoices, you can specify an employer contact responsible for the payment plan when setting it up. You can later change the Ezidebit employer contact for an employer by right-clicking the Ezidebit node in the Employer Manager and selecting "Change Ezidebit employer contact".
- PCI DSS compliant. All sensitive credit card and bank account details are collected and stored by Ezidebit directly, which is a PCI DSS compliant system. VETtrak has no exposure to these details.
A number of improvements have been made to the VET FEE-HELP functionality.
- Pricing of VET FEE-HELP units of study. You can now price individual VET FEE-HELP units of study, and invoice those prices. The functionality includes:
- Pricing per unit of study in funding models. Funding models now have a new option to price per unit of study.
- Unit of study invoice item merge templates. A new "Unit of study pricing" merge context has been added to invoice item merge templates, allowing you to set up merge templates to use to generate invoice line items when invoicing units of study. Various merge fields from the unit of study are available.
- Relating a pricing enrolment to courses of study. Each course of study can now be related to an enrolment for pricing purposes. A course of study can have no more than one enrolment related for pricing purposes.
- Pricing units of study. When editing an enrolment which has been related to a course of study for pricing purposes, a new "Units of study" section will appear in the pricing grid, listing all the units of study in the related course of study. You can add pricing items and amounts to the units of study in the pricing grid, or use a funding model that has "$ / unit of study" pricing items to apply the prices. This works much the same way as pricing units of competency.
- Invoicing units of study. Once units of study have been priced, you can invoice them in the same way as you would anything else, such as by using "Auto create invoice" or by adding them to an invoice in the Invoice wizard. You can also schedule them through the Invoice Schedule wizard as usual.
- Tuition fee calculations. If you put tuition fee pricing items against units of study, when they are reported in AVETMISS, they are treated as if they were put against the enrolment (and not any particular unit of competency).
- Exporter statistics. The VET FEE-HELP exporters now show more statistics about the export being performed, such as the number of records in each file.
- Duplicate TFN/CHESSN warning. VETtrak will now show a warning when entering a TFN or CHESSN that is already in use by another client.
- TFN access. A new "View TFN as plain text" entity has been added to the Security Manager for the VET FEE-HELP feature. If you grant users access to this entity in the Security Manager, those users will then be able to see existing TFNs in the Client VET FEE-HELP wizard.
- Invoice notice. You can now right-click a course of study or unit of study and select "Show Invoice Notice" to show the invoice notice for that course or unit of study.
- Date invoice notice sent. A new "Date invoice notice sent" field is available in the Client Unit of Study wizard, allowing you to record that date.
- Defaulting values from Client Personal wizard. The VET FEE-HELP Client wizard will now correctly default appropriate values from what was previously entered into the Client Personal wizard for the client, including the list of disabilities.
Functionality has been added to VETtrak to allow you to optionally record Jobactive provider details for clients.
- Allow recording of Jobactive provider. To turn on the new functionality, go to the File menu -> Global Preferences -> General Preferences -> Client tab, and tick "Allow recording of Jobactive provider".
- Jobactive provider employer type. A new tickbox has been added to the Employer Type wizard in the Configuration Manager to allow you to specify which employer types can represent a Jobactive provider. A default "Jobactive provider" employer type has been added with this tick on.
- Specifying Jobactive provider. A new Jobactive provider node will appear in the Client Manager, and when expanding a client enrolment in the Programme Manager. Right-click this to add Jobactive provider information for the client. This includes the Jobactive provider employer (which must have an employer type marked as representing Jobactive providers), and optionally the consultant and site manager employer contacts.
- Viewing Jobactive provider. The Jobactive provider node will show the employer assigned, and you can right-click it to view the employer in the Employer Manager, or edit or delete the Jobactive provider details. Expand a Jobactive provider node to see the consultant and site manager employer contacts. Right-click them to view them in the Client Manager, or send them an email or SMS.
- Jobactive clients for an employer. The Employer Manager has a new node for "Jobactive clients". Expanding this will list all clients who have been assigned this employer as their Jobactive provider. You can view, edit and delete the details from here.
A new add-on is available allowing you to link your Moodle LMS with VETtrak for authenticating student logins, and easily create users in Moodle from clients in VETtrak. It requires a VETtrak Enterprise licence.
A Moodle administrator can create users in Moodle by using this Moodle plug-in to search for clients in your VETtrak database and selecting them. They can then enrol the selected clients into one or more Moodle courses. Users created in Moodle in this way will be authenticated using their VETtrak username and password - if you change the user's password in VETtrak, this automatically reflects in Moodle.
The add-on consists of two components:
- Moodle integration API for VETtrak. This component needs to be installed on a Microsoft Windows Internet Information Services server, on the same network as your VETtrak database, and configured to connect to your VETtrak database. It requires .NET Framework 4.5 or later. If you are a hosted customer, we will install and host this API for you.
- Moodle plug-in. This plug-in needs to be installed into your Moodle installation, and configured to connect to the above Moodle integration API for VETtrak.
Please contact VETtrak Support if you wish to have the Moodle authentication integration functionality enabled in your VETtrak licence.
- New fee exemption. A new fee exemption Y "Fee Waiver with letter" has been added.
- New funding sources. The following funding source codes have been added if they didn't already exist: ASP, ASL, SCP, SCL, BWP, BWL
- ACE funded enrolments do not require PUSH/PSTACD. VIC enrolments with a state funding source of ACE no longer require a PUSH or PSTACD to be entered.
- Enrolment commencing status. When editing a VIC enrolment, the commencing status will now automatically change from "Commencing" to "Continuing" if the enrolment started in a previous year, avoiding the need to change it manually to stop the validation errors "The selected purchasing contract is incorrect for the selected Commencing status selection" or "The selected Commencing status is incorrect for the course commencement date".
- Commencement date calculation and RPL/CT results. When the Generate AVETMISS wizard in VIC is calculating course commencement dates based on earliest unit result start date, it will now not include any units with an RPL or Credit Transfer result.
- Client employer in Bulk Update PUSH/PSTACD. In the Bulk Update PUSH/PSTACD wizard, you can now search for records by client's employer, and the grid will show each client's employer.
- Course commencement date validation for occurrence results in linked units. In the Occurrence Results wizard in VIC, if you are entering results for linked units, and the "Don't allow result start date to be before enrolment start date" preference is on, the validation error "The start date is before the enrolment start date (CCD in Vic)" will now only show if the unit start date is before the main enrolment's course commencement date, instead of the occurrence enrolment's course commencement date.
New South Wales
- Extend unit dates. A new Utility menu -> NSW claims -> "Extend Unit Dates" menu option has been added. This wizard lists all reportable NSW Smart and Skilled units that have a start date in the past with no result, or have a finish date in the past with an incomplete result. Pressing the Save button will automatically push the start and/or finish dates for all those units forward to the end of the following month or to the enrolment finish date (whichever is earlier), so that they can be successfully reported. Any units that can't be automatically updated, because their enrolment finish date is in the past, will be shown with a red status.
- Complete commitment ID. A new "Complete" tickbox has been added to the Commitment Info tab when editing a NSW Smart and Skilled enrolment. Ticking this will mark this commitment ID as complete and will stop reporting any data for this commitment ID in Generate AVETMISS.
- Saving occurrence clearing commitment IDs. An issue that caused the commitment ID in occurrence enrolments to be cleared when saving the occurrence with "Set all details from the occurrence to the individual enrolments" ticked has been fixed.
- Recording an empty result in Occurrence Results wizard. For a NSW Smart and Skilled occurrence, you can now have an empty result type, allowing you to record dates with no result type for a unit in an occurrence.
- Smart and Skilled activity period. When creating a NSW Smart and Skilled enrolment, the Activity Period field in the Eligibility Info part 1 tab will now default to the appropriate number for the current year.
- Archived funding sources. The following funding source codes in QLD have been archived if they exist: ENJ, HLS, PRJ, PRW, PSI, ST3, TFW, VIS
- New funding sources. The following QLD state funding source codes have been added if they didn't already exist: 11, 20, 30, 80. Note that the codes are the same as the equivalent national codes.
- SA Payment Import file format. The SA Payment Importer wizard has been changed to work with the new SA payment file format. This includes a payment status field - any records with a payment status of "System declined" will be marked with a red status and will not be imported.
- Delivery strategies. The following changes have been made to the list of delivery strategies (note that they were only renamed if you haven't renamed them):
- "Remote Class" (2) renamed to "Remote Conferencing"
- "Channel 31" (8) renamed to "Video/Television"
- "Internet Site" (9) renamed to "Online Learning"
- "Not Applicable" (90) added
- BCC. The Send Email and Send Template Email wizards now allow you to enter a BCC address for the email. A new column for the BCC address has also been added to the Sent Email Register.
- Email template default CC and BCC. New fields have been added to the Email Merge Template wizard to allow default CC and BCC addresses to be specified.
- Invoice merge context. A new "Invoice" email merge context has been added. This has various invoice-related fields available. This context is now used when right clicking an invoice and sending email.
- Email invoice statement. You can now right click an invoice and "Email statement of fees" to email the statement of fees to the invoicee, using the new invoice merge context. You can also right click the Invoices node and "Email invoice statement report" to email the invoice statement to the invoicee, using the client merge context.
- Non-occurrence enrolment merge context. A new "Enrolment" email and SMS merge context has been added. This is similar to the Occ Enrolment context, but does not have fields related to programme, occurrence, class or room. This context is now used when right clicking a non-occurrence client enrolment and sending email or SMS. For SMS, VETtrak will process replies in the same way as it does for occurrence enrolments, allowing you to configure VETtrak to change the enrolment's status or confirmation flag depending on the reply.
- Email award. You can now right click an award and "Email award", selecting the mapped award to email.
- Occurrence class staff merge fields. New merge fields have been added to the Occ Class merge context for the given name, surname, email address and mobile number for the staff member assigned to the class.
- Word smart quotes. A problem causing "smart quotes" copied from Word and pasted into a VETtrak email to appear as black diamonds to the email recipient has been fixed.
- Email port number. The Email Port field in Email Preferences now accepts port numbers up to 65535.
- Email address validation. Email address fields now accept long top-level domain names. eg. firstname.lastname@example.org is now accepted.
- Print invoice global preference. A new Invoices tab has been added to Global Preferences -> General Preferences. This tab contains new options to control whether the "Print invoice" and "Print receipt" tickboxes are on or off by default when creating invoices and payments. The "Default location for payments" field has also been moved to this new tab.
- Invoice due date in invoice schedules. The "Due" column in the Invoice Schedule wizard has been renamed to "Issue date". A new "Payment due" column has been added, allowing you to optionally specify the payment due date for the generated invoice. Note that, since an invoice can only have one payment due date, you must tick "Sep" to put the item onto its own invoice before you can enter a "Payment due" date. The Generate Schedule Invoices wizard will show the payment due date that will go onto each invoice.
- Collapse/expand units in pricing grid. A new "Collapse all"/"Expand all" toggle button has been added to the top of the pricing grid. Clicking this will collapse or expand the pricing for every unit in the grid.
- Circumventing invoice schedule. The "Record payment" and "Auto create invoice" options are now not available when right-clicking an enrolment that has any scheduled invoice items, as these options would circumvent the invoice schedule.
- Transferring enrolments with negative pricing. A problem causing negative prices to not be transferred to holding correctly when transferring an enrolment to another occurrence has been fixed. In addition, only one adjustment will be created per affected invoice, instead of an individual adjustment being created for every pricing item.
- Long item descriptions when generating scheduled invoices. An issue that caused merged invoice item descriptions to be truncated to 255 characters in the Generate Scheduled Invoices wizard has been fixed.
- Calc funding model error. An "access violation" error that could occur when using the Calc button for a funding model that has unit pricing, and applying it to an enrolment that cannot have units (such as an employer enrolment), has been fixed.
- Reword invoice nodes. In the Client Manager, the "Invoices" node has been renamed to "Invoices (invoiced to client)", and the "Invoices (as item)" node has been renamed to "Invoices (in which the client is an item)".
- Employee Count merge field. The "Employee count" merge field available in employer enrolment/booking invoice item merge templates will now not include any cancelled employee enrolments in the count.
- Enrolled Unit Pricing Status merge field. A problem with the Status merge field in the Enrolled Unit Pricing merge context has been fixed.
- Usual address not specified. A new "Usual address is not specified" tickbox has been added to the address page in the Client Personal wizard. Ticking this disables the usual address fields and populates them with the data required to report a not specified address.
- Overseas address. A new "Usual and postal addresses are overseas" tickbox has been added to the address page in the Client Personal wizard. Ticking this disables the suburb/state/postcode in the usual and postal addresses and populates them with the data required to report an overseas address.
- Under 18 warning. In Global Preferences -> General Preferences -> Client tab, if you tick "Warn when entering client younger than" and enter an age, the Client wizard will show you a warning when entering a date of birth that causes the client to be younger than that age.
- Client matching on name and DOB. The warning that appears when entering a client with the same name as an existing client will now also take date of birth into account, if it has been entered.
- "Not specified" gender. The gender "Not stated" has been renamed to "Not specified" in the Client Personal wizard, to make it clearer that it can also be used for Indeterminate/Intersex/Unspecified gender.
- Client Importer on smaller screens. The Client Importer is now not as tall, to fit on smaller screens.
- Saving staff notes error. An error "Parameter CLIE_DESC not found" that can occur when saving staff notes in the Staff Manager has been fixed.
- Employer Type node in Employer Manager. The Employer Manager will show the employer's Employer Type in the tree.
- Employer associated enrolment ordering. The enrolments listed under the Associated Enrolments node in the Employer Manager will now be in descending start date, then client name order.
- Employer contact position. The Contacts node in the Employer Manager will now show the position of each employer contact.
- Record occurrence results without changing start date. The Start Date field in the Occurrence Results wizard now has a tickbox. If this is unticked, VETtrak will not update the start dates on any existing results. If it is unticked, you can only select units that already have a start date.
- Optional occurrence events. You can now right-click an event in an occurrence in the Programme Manager and choose to make it optional or not. An optional event is shown with a green icon and is not copied to new enrolments in the occurrence by default. This allows you to setup some events as belonging to the occurrence, and others that are copied to enrolments in the occurrence.
- Occurrence unit ordering. When expanding the Units/Modules node for an occurrence in the Programme Manager, the units will now be listed in the sequence order of the training plan for the occurrence (if there is one).
- Recording unit results from unit in class. In the Programme Manager, you can now right-click a unit that is in a class and record results. This works the same as if you had right-clicked the unit in the occurrence, except that the list of clients is restricted to only those clients that are in the class.
- Show inactive programmes. If you tick the new "Show archived programmes in the Programme Manager" tickbox in Global Preferences -> Programme Preferences, the Programme Manager will show any programmes that have been archived.
- Task results for cancelled enrolments. The Occurrence Task Activity wizard will no longer list cancelled enrolments in the occurrence.
- Count of waitlisted clients. A new column has been added to the list of programmes in Waiter, to indicate how many clients are on the waitlist for each programme.
- USI in Award Register. A column for the client's USI has been added to the Award Register.
- Select units when creating awards. When creating an award for an enrolment or occurrence, or for a client when choosing to link the award to enrolments in the same qualification, the Award wizard will show a new page allowing you to select which units from the enrolment(s) should be linked to the new award(s). All units are ticked by default.
- Link award to enrolments. The "Link enrolments in this qualification to this award" tickbox in the Award wizard is now only shown when adding an award using the Awards node in the Client Manager. It no longer shows when adding an award for an enrolment or to an occurrence, as linking of the award to the enrolment will always take place in these scenarios.
- Mixing state and national reported units in Edit AVETMISS values. When changing a unit in the Edit AVETMISS Values wizard from State to National reporting or vice-versa, the lists of study reasons and funding sources for that unit will now change to reflect the selected reporting option.
- Superseded subject final result. The "Superseded subject" result type is now treated as a final result, and will show with a red icon.
- Withdraw completed unit. The Withdrawal wizard will now show an error if you attempt to withdraw a unit that has a completed-type result. If you need to do this, you should reset the result first.
- Delete linked unit. The "Delete unit" option is now disabled when right-clicking a linked unit. The unit should be deleted from the main enrolment.
- XSLX files in Unit Result Importer. The Unit Result Importer can now import data from XLSX files.
- Training package field of education. When importing training packages, the field of education for new units is now populated from the TGA data, without having to use the "Update AVETMISS details" wizard.
- Archiving options in Configuration Manager. The following records in the Configuration Manager can now be archived:
- Delivery strategies
- Classifications (for positions)
- Employer types
- Location loadings
- Task categories
- Moved Utility menu options. Some options in the Utility menu have been moved:
- "Report Mapping" has been moved to the Report menu.
- "Setup Invoice and Receipt Reports" has been moved to the Report menu.
- "Sent email register", "Sent SMS register" and "Retrieve SMS replies and receipts" have been moved to a new "Messaging" submenu in the Utility menu.
- State in Contract wizard. The state field in the Contract wizard has been moved. The Contract wizard will now reconfigure itself to suit the state selected in the wizard (instead of the state selected at the top of the VETtrak screen).
- Duplicate qualification. You can now right-click a qualification in the Qualification Manager and "Duplicate qualification". Enter a new name, code, and select whether to duplicate the links to the core and/or elective units.
- Optional fields for courses. When entering courses in the Qualification Manager, if "This is a VET based qualification/course" is not ticked, none of the fields on the second page are required to be entered.
- Assign events. An "Assign events" option has been added to the Create menu. This allows you to assign client or employer events in bulk (a single event, an event multiple times, or a series of events), without requiring access to the Configuration Manager.
- AVETMISS generation log. VETtrak will now log each successful export of national or state AVETMISS files. This log can be viewed by going to the Utility menu -> AVETMISS generation log. This wizard works much the same as the Award Register.
- Generate AVETMISS contract date warning. Generate AVETMISS will now give a warning in the NAT120 if the finish date of a unit is after the finish date of the contract that the unit's enrolment is in. Previously, this warning only occurred in VIC, but it now occurs in all states and national.
- Automatic location codes. The Autonumber tab in Global Preferences -> General Preferences has a new section for configuring automatic location codes. When creating a location in the Configuration Manager, you can now tick "Auto" to have VETtrak generate a code based on these preferences.
- Location state warning. When giving a location a suburb that is in a different state to the reportable location of the state, the Location wizard will now show a warning message.
- Excel export in payment importers. The "Invalid class typecast" error that occurs when exporting the grid to Excel in the QLD, VIC and SA payment importers has been fixed.
- Show reports for profile enrolments. The reports available in the "Show reports" menu when right-clicking an enrolment in a profile will now only show reports appropriate for a profile enrolment.
- Trainer Portal notification preferences. If you are using version 2.1 or later of the Trainer and Student Portals, you can use the new Notification tab in the Trainer Portal Preferences to configure the portal to send a notification email to a trainer when their students upload documents in the Student Portal. You can specify whether to send these notification emails, the 'from" address for these notification emails, and which staff types on the enrolment should the notifications be sent to.
- Errors in Web Enrolment Processing Manager. The "access violation" and "list index out of bounds" errors that could occur in the Web Enrolment Processing Manager when waitlist entries exist has been fixed. The fix means that waitlist entries are now displayed in their own section (with the programme name but no state or location name), instead of repeating in each state/location section for the programme.