Answered in this article:
- How are Pricing Items used by VETenrol?
- How is an Enrolment Type determined by VETenrol?
- How does VETenrol calculate the total cost for an Enrolment Type?
- How are occurrences with multiple Enrolment Types displayed?
- How are Pricing Items configured?
How are Pricing Items used by VETenrol?
The Pricing Items assigned to an occurrence are used by to determine:
- If an occurrence offers multiple Enrolment Types; and
- The cost total for each Enrolment Type.
This raises several important questions when it comes to pricing items and how to set them to ensure will function as intended. As such it is important to understand how pricing items are handled.
NOTE: Hyphens have a special use for Pricing Item Codes in VETtrak. Do not include hyphens in the code of a price item unless you intend for that Price Item's value to be added with another Pricing Item. This is described in further detail in the topics within this section.
NOTE: If your organisation has only one Enrolment Type, this topic can be ignored.
How is an Enrolment Type determined by VETenrol?
Each pricing item that has been enabled for the occurrence with a unique code will be identified as an Enrolment Type.
Most organisations have more than one type of enrolment and potentially different prices. VETenrol can cater for more complicated requirements through the use of Pricing Items in VETtrak.
Examples of Enrolment Types could be:
- Fee for Service enrolments;
- Concessional enrolments; and
- State or Commonwealth Government Subsidised enrolments.
Even within an Enrolment Type there could still be different pricing items.
If your organisation allows payments by instalments and only the deposit must be paid up front, a pricing item must be set up for this purpose. For example: if you organisation has a full course fee of $3300 and a deposit of $300 is required, set up the pricing item as follows:
|Fee for Service||Full cost of the course||FULL||$3300|
|Fee for Service - Pay As You Go||Fee for service cost, deposit amount only.||PAYG||$300|
Similarly a Pricing Item for concessional enrolments could also be created.
How does calculate the total cost for an Enrolment Type?
Each pricing item that has been enabled for the occurrence with a unique code will be identified as an Enrolment Type. Then for each Enrolment Type, the pricing items with related codes and blank codes are aggregated to obtain the total cost.
Pricing items are considered related if they include the unique code of another pricing item followed by a dash and a new code.
Consider the following:
|Standard - Full Fee||FULL||Standard course fees.|
|Concession Holder||CNC||Course fees discounted for concession card holders.|
|Membership Card Holder||DSC||Special cost for our members.|
The above table contains pricing items with unique codes that VETenrol will identify as separate Enrolment Types. In addition to those course fees, the organisation wants to include some other minor fees to cover administrative costs and materials provided during the course, but materials are not charged to members as this is one of the perks of membership.
In this example, minor fees are not to be considered Enrolment Types but instead should be added to the cost of existing Enrolment Types. Therefore the following are pricing items are added as related pricing items:
|Administration Fee||Fee for handling registrations and enrolments.|
|Materials Fee||FULL-MAT||Standard pricing.|
|Materials Fee (Concession)||CNC-MAT||Discount pricing for concession card holders.|
Now consider that the following costs have been associated with each of the pricing items for the occurrence:
|Pricing Item||Cost||Pricing Item||Cost|
|Standard - Full Fee||$75.00||Materials Fee (Concession)||$ 10.00|
|Concession Holder||$ 55.00||Administration Fee||$ 9.00|
|Membership Card Holder||$ 70.00||Materials Fee||$15.00|
VETenrol will calculate the following results:
|Enrolment Type||Related Pricing Item||Code||Cost|
|Standard - Full Fee||FULL||$ 75.00|
|Administration Fee||$ 9.00|
|Concession holder||CNC||$ 55.00|
|Materials Fee (Concession)||CNC-MAT||$10.00|
|Administration Fee||$ 9.00|
|Membership Card Holder||DSC||$ 70.00|
|Administration Fee||$ 9.00|
How are occurrences with multiple Enrolment Types displayed in ?
Multiple pricing items are displayed within the Course Details of the Occurrence. The Pricing Types are listed alphabetically and a registration button is provided for each one.
The screenshots below allow comparison of a single and multiple Enrolment Types:
How are Pricing Items configured?
Pricing Items are set in your VETtrak configuration. You can edit your existing pricing items or create new ones for use with VETenrol. The following steps will create a new pricing item:
- Click the icon to open Configuration.
- Locate and right-click 'Pricing Items'.
- Select 'Add new pricing item' from the menu.
- Enter a brief name to identify the 'Pricing item'. This will be used as the name of the Enrolment Type in , if necessary, and should ensure any choices customers must make will be obvious.
- Enter a 'Code' or leave it blank if the cost should be applied to every occurrence.
- If your organisation uses the 'Tuition Fee' button in the Occurrence Enrolment Wizard , enable this checkbox. Otherwise leave it unchecked.
- Type in further 'Description' information regarding the pricing item if required. This description is not shown to customers.
- Click the 'Next' button.
- Click the 'Finish' button.
NOTE: Existing pricing items can be edited in a similar way. Simply expand 'Pricing Items', then locate and right click the pricing item for editing. Then choose 'Edit pricing item...' and follow-on from Step 4 updating the entries as required.