If you are upgrading from any 4.3.x.x version of VETtrak, please read the version 4.4.0 release notes first.
The changes in this minor update from version 22.214.171.124 are:
- Report employer as location in AVETMISS. In the Enrolment wizard, added a tickbox to "Report employer as location in AVETMISS". When ticked, generate AVETMISS will report the location as the address of the selected employer, instead of the address of the selected location. This is useful for workplace training in VIC, where you are required to report the address of the actual location where the training took place. Instead of having to set up a location for every possible workplace, ticking this box allows you to use the address on your existing employers as the reported location. Compliance Preferences in Global Preferences has a new tickbox allowing you to control whether this tickbox should be on by default for new enrolments.
- VIC payment history rollback. Fixed an error that occurs when attempting to rollback a VIC payment history import that has letters in the invoice number.
- WA enrolment export credit transfer course fee. The WA enrolment export will now report a $0 course fee for units with a credit transfer result.
- Result recorded more than this number of days ago. If VETtrak is configured to show a warning or error when "result is being recorded more than this number of days ago", this check will no longer occur when changing an existing result that already has a start date recorded.
- Occurrence referral source. When editing an occurrence, if "Set all details from the occurrence to the individual enrolments" is ticked, the referral source in the enrolments in that occurrence will no longer be changed.
- Backup wizard empty ZIP. An issue that could cause the Backup Database wizard to not place the .gbk backup file into the ZIP file has been fixed.
- Client code generation. Improved generation of "Auto" client codes to avoid possibility of a UQ_CLIENT error when creating a new client.
- Move occurrence. Fixed an error that can occur when moving an occurrence that has no classes.
- Web published price types. When editing an occurrence, a problem has been fixed that caused the Pub column to always be unticked, even if there were published price types in the occurrence.
- Web enrolment processing client match. Fixed an error that occurs when matching a web client in a web enrolment, when using "create new client" and the client name already exists.
- Web waitlist processing. When processing a web waitlist entry, the Processable light will now turn green and allow the web waitlist entry to be processed after the web client is matched.
The changes in this minor update from version 126.96.36.199 are:
- In the WA Enrolment Export wizard, added a tickbox to "Use RAPT 2014 text file format (pre-2.6)". If ticked, the file export will use the old RAPT file format from version 2.5. This should be ticked until WA DTWD complete the upgrade of RAPT to accept the four new fields Course Fee, Resource Fee, Income Contingent Loan Liability and Unique Student Identifier.
- Improved the performance of the WA Enrolment Export wizard in the "Calculating Resource and Loan Liability amounts" step.
- In the QLD Payment Importer, for PS imports only, if there is a Delta number in the payment history file, it will be matched to the Contract Registration Number in VETtrak to determine the correct enrolment to import the payment against.
- Price types for tuition fees in VIC or QLD, or price types for resource fees or loan liability amounts in WA, are no longer required in the Enrolment wizard when the enrolment is not state reportable.
- In the Client and Employer Match wizards when processing web enrolments, "match and update" is now able to erase parts of the existing address that are no longer used in the web client's address (such as building name or unit number).
- In Global Preferences -> VETtrak Version, the "Check web for updates" button will now allow you to update to a future minor version if you have any add-ons or customisations (but you will need to log into the website to download and install your VETtrak Extensions after performing the minor version update).
Version 4.4.2 is a major update from 4.4.1.x and includes database upgrades. Ensure you have a backup of your database before upgrading. If at all unsure please contact VETtrak support on 03 6333 0166.
The most significant changes are:
- Changes to Enrolment wizard.
- Changes to fee reporting in various states.
- USI (Unique Student Identifier) support.
- Rearrangement of Enrolment wizard. The pages and fields in the Enrolment wizard have been rearranged, to make them flow better and for better consistency between different types of enrolments. The changes include:
- The first page of the Enrolment wizard is now the same for all types of enrolments. All mandatory fields are now up-front on the first page, including status.
- The second page of the Enrolment wizard is now the state page, with the state-based AVETMISS fields (when adding an enrolment, the unit selection page appears between the first and second pages).
- The third page of the Enrolment wizard is now the pricing page. It appears for all types of enrolments.
- The optional fields are all on the last page of the Enrolment wizard. For bookings, the booking page is the last page.
- Price types in all enrolments. All modules of VETtrak, and all non-occurrence enrolments, now have the pricing page available in the Enrolment wizard. This is used to split the enrolment amount up into parts. The enrolment amount and GST will be calculated from the sum of the price type amounts. Price types are also used for reporting tuition fees in VIC and QLD, and resource fees and loan liability amounts in WA.
- Tuition fees button. The Tuition fees button is now available in the Enrolment wizard for all client enrolments in all states, to show totals of tuition fees charged to the client.
- Tuition fees calculated from a fixed amount. In VIC, tuition fees can now be calculated by dividing an amount you specify across the unit hours. To do so, in the Enrolment wizard, tick "Calculate tuition fees using price types" (instead of selecting a funding model), and enter the total amount against a tuition fee price type. When generating AVETMISS, the reported tuition fee amount will be the amount in the tuition fee price type on the enrolment, divided across the units based on their hours.
- Tuition fees for indigenous students. In VIC, the concession amount from the funding model will be reported as the tuition fee if the student is indigenous, regardless of the fee exemption on the enrolment.
- Funding sources reporting tuition fees. The Funding Source wizard in QLD has a new tickbox called "This funding source reports a tuition fee". When this is ticked and the funding source is used in an enrolment, the Enrolment wizard will require a tuition fee to be specified (either via a funding model or a tuition fee price type). The tuition fee will be reported in AVETMISS. A number of Certificate III Guarantee and Higher Level Skills funding sources have been added, with "This funding source reports a tuition fee" already ticked in them.
- Tuition fees calculated from a fixed amount. In QLD, tuition fees for applicable funding sources can now be calculated by dividing an amount you specify across the units. To do so, in the Enrolment wizard, tick "Calculate tuition fees using price types" (instead of selecting a funding model), and enter the total amount against a tuition fee price type. When "Calc tuition fees based on price type values or the selected funding model" is ticked on the Enrolment wizard, the tuition fee amount will be calculated as the amount in the tuition fee price type on the enrolment, divided evenly across the applicable units.
- SRTO unit delivery type. When reporting an SRTO1 or SRTO2 unit with a result that has an outcome code of 81 (Non-assessable enrolment - satisfactorily completed), the delivery type will be reported as 90 (Not applicable - recognition of prior learning/ recognition of current competency/ credit transfer).
- Course fee, resource fee and loan liability reporting. Functionality has been added to allow course fees, resource fees and loan liability amounts to be reported in the WA Enrolment Export:
- To calculate course fees using the pre-2014 "fee maintenance" rules, tick the "Use Fee Maintenance course fee model" tickbox in the Enrolment wizard.
- For course fees in enrolments on or after 2014, funding models are used. Create funding models in the Configuration Manager in WA for the qualifications you use, and enter into them the per unit hour full and concession amounts for each year. In the Enrolment wizard, select the funding model to apply. The course fee will be calculated during the Enrolment Export from the applicable amount in the funding model multiplied by the unit hours.
- Resource fees and loan liability amounts are both handled by using price types in the enrolment. VETtrak will require you to specify resource fee and loan liability price types when creating reportable WA enrolments. Against these price types, enter the full amount for the resource fee and loan liability. In the Enrolment Export, these amounts will be divided across the units.
- Migration of existing enrolments. Default price types for resource fee and loan liability, with amounts of $0, will be added to all reportable WA enrolments in 2011 onwards, during the database upgrade. The "Fee Maintenance" tickbox will be ticked in reportable WA enrolments with at least one non-105 result and started before 21/8/2013, during the database upgrade. Default funding models with $0 amounts will be created for all the qualifications on your reportable WA enrolments in 2013 onwards, during the database upgrade.
- Update enrolment fees. A new "Update enrolment fees" option has been added to the Utility -> WA menu. This allows you to set the resource fee and loan liability amount and price type in bulk on enrolments, per CPS number.
- Study reason reporting. The study reason will now be reported for enrolments that do not have a qualification.
A number of changes and new features have been introduced to allow VETtrak to integrate with the USI (Unique Student Identifier) web services. This allows you to enter, verify, create and report client USIs from within VETtrak. It becomes mandatory to report USIs from 1 January 2015.
To use the USI functions in VETtrak, you must have:
- Your organisation's records up-to-date on training.gov.au
- Requested and been granted access to the USI web services system and agreed to the terms and conditions.
- A Device AUSkey for your organisation's ABN.
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0 or later installed on the computers running VETtrak.
The changes to VETtrak for USI support include:
- Compliance preferences. The "AVETMISS preferences" page in Global Preferences has been renamed to "Compliance preferences", and includes a new section for the USI. This includes the URLs of the USI web service (which you should not need to change), and the default option for whether client identity documents should be automatically deleted when the client's USI application is successful.
- Organisation wizard. A new second page has been added to the Organisation wizard. This allows the organisation to be configured for the USI. This includes configuring the Device AUSkey to use to connect to the USI web services, and options for the organisation's USI exemptions and whether VETtrak should only allow awards to be created for clients with a verified USI.
- Client and Personal wizards. The Date of Birth, Age, and Title fields have been moved from the Personal wizard to the first page of the Client wizard. New fields for Town/city of Birth, Contact Method, and Residential and Postal Country (for international addresses) have been added to the Personal wizard.
- Single name support. The Client and Fast Client wizards have a new tickbox for "Single name". Ticking this allows you to enter a client who has only one name.
- USI fields. New fields for USI, a USI exemption tickbox, and a USI verification status display, have been added to the Client and Fast Client wizards. The USI verification status is also shown in the client details panel in the Client Manager.
- Verify USI now. The Client and Fast Client wizards have a "Verify now" button next to the USI. Clicking this will immediately verify the client's name, date of birth and USI with the USI registrar, and update the verification status.
- Bulk Verify USIs. A new Utility -> USI -> Bulk verify USIs menu option has been added. This shows all client USIs that you can access in the database that are not verified or have a verification issue. You can click a button to verify all unverified USIs and update their verification statuses in bulk.
- Client identity documents. A new "Identity documents" node has been added to the Client Manager. This allows you to add, edit and delete details of eight types of identity documents (Drivers licence, Medicare card etc) against the client. This is used when applying to create a USI on behalf of a client through VETtrak.
- Create USI now. A new Create USI -> Create Now right-click menu option on the Personal node in the Client Manager allows you to submit a USI application for the client immediately and wait for a response.
- Add to create USI batch. A new Create USI -> Add to Create Batch right-click menu option on the Personal node in the Client Manager allows you to add a USI application for the client to a batch to submit later.
- Submit create USI batch. A new Utility -> USI -> Submit Create USI Batch menu option has been added. This allows you to submit the current batch of USI applications for an organisation.
- Get create USI batch results. A new Utility -> USI -> Get Create USI Batch Results menu option has been added. This allows you to retrieve the results of a previously submitted USI application batch.
- Award wizard. The Award wizard will now show a warning when creating a reportable award in 2015 for a client without a valid USI. It will not allow a reportable award to be created in 2015 for a client without a valid USI if "Only allow reportable awards to be created for clients with a verified USI" is ticked in the Organisation wizard.
- Generate AVETMISS. Generate AVETMISS will now report the client's USI (except in VIC in 2014). It will show an error if the client has a USI that has not been successfully verified. In 2015, it will show a warning if the client does not have a USI and is not marked as USI exempt. Ticking "Organisation is exempt from all USI requirements" in the Organisation wizard will turn off these new USI warning and error messages in Generate AVETMISS.
- Organisation trading name. A new Trading Name field has been added to the Organisation wizard. A drop-down has been added to the state grid in the Organisation wizard, allowing you to specify which organisation name (legal name or trading name) is reported in each state. By default, trading name is reported in QLD, and legal name is reported in all other states.
- Specific funding identifier rule. In the Enrolment wizard, and Generate AVETMISS, for national and all states except VIC, NSW and WA, if an enrolment's funding source has a national funding source of 13 (Commonwealth specific funding program), then the enrolment must have a specific funding identifier selected.
- AVETMISS data lists. Names of some national funding sources, outcomes and organisation provider types have been updated as per the NCVER AVETMISS 7 specification dated July 2014.
- Configurable rules for results and awards. The "Result, Unit and Award Preferences" page in Global Preferences has a new Advanced tab added. This contains more options to configure VETtrak to produce warnings or errors when users attempt to:
- Change the start date of a result.
- Record a result more than a specified number of days ago.
- Set a result start date before the enrolment start date (or course commencement date in VIC).
- Record a completed result with a start date in the future.
- Create an award with a future date.
- Record unit result via element result. When recording a unit result from an element result, if the unit already has a start date, that start date will now never be overridden.
- Record results clearing date issue. In the Record Results wizard, a problem that could cause a start date to be saved for a unit when you enter a result, go Next, then Back, then clear the result again, has been fixed.
- Record Results sizing issue. A sizing issue when using high DPI/font size settings in the Record Results wizard when "Show extra columns" is ticked has been fixed.
- Record Awards and Record Results Managers. These old managers are deprecated and have been disabled in the software. If you still need to use one or the other, please contact VETtrak support to add these features to your registration key.
- Move occurrence classes. A new option to "Move class and subsequent classes" has been added to the right-click menu for a class in the Programme Manager. This allows you to move the set of classes to different dates, allowing you to specify holiday dates that classes cannot be moved to, and keeping the classes on the same days of the week or optionally allowing you to redistribute the classes to a different set of available days of the week. This functionality is also available when moving an occurrence.
- Holidays. A new Holidays node has been added to the Configuration Manager. This allows you to set up a list of dates (nationally and in each state) where occurrence classes cannot be moved to by default. The initial list of holidays was sourced from the Public Holidays 2014 - 15 list at http://data.gov.au/dataset/australian-holidays-machine-readable-dataset
- View booking in Programme Manager. In the Booking Manager, a "View booking/occurrence in programme manager" option has been added to the menu when right-clicking a booking or occurrence.
- Auto process web reservations. A new tickbox has been added to the Quick Publish wizette and Publish Occurrences wizard to allow you to configure an occurrence so that it automatically processes web reservations that are created in them by your website. Note that your website will need to be using web reservations in the VETtrak API for this setting to be effective.
- Web enrolment processing after changing password. Fixed an error that could occur when using the Process Web Enrolments manager after changing your VETtrak password.
- Import payment history invoice number. The Invoice Number field in the Payment History Import wizards for each state now allow you to enter letters and numbers. In VIC, the invoice number field will be automatically populated from the payment history file. In QLD, the invoice number field will be automatically populated with the purchasing contract code.
- Tuition Fee price type. A default tuition fee price type called "Tuition Fee" has been added if one did not already exist, that can be used in VIC and QLD.
- Invoice Schedule. The Update Amount button on the Invoice Schedule wizard now can only update the total amount of a contract, not an enrolment, as all enrolments now use price types.
- Default location for payments. The "default location for payments" drop-down in Programme Preferences in Global Preferences will now indicate if the currently configured location is archived.
- Email Template Setup security. A user's security access to the SMS Template Setup entity will no longer affect the Email Template Setup.
- Email Register CC column. A problem that caused the CC column in the Email Register to always be blank is now fixed.
- Email template error. A "list index out of bounds" error that could occur when opening the Send Email Using Template wizard has been fixed.
- Attendance dates. The Classes list in the Client Manager will now show the dates of the attendance, if they are different to the class dates.
- VT code search. The VT Code search in the Employer Manager will no longer show a database error if attempting to search for something other than a number.
- Award wizard reference link location. The Award wizard will now remember the last-used folder when selecting a file in the Award Reference Link field.
- UPDATE_ADDRESS error. An error with the UPDATE_ADDRESS trigger that could occur when saving a client or employer has been fixed.
- SQL Server compatibility mode. If you are using SQL Server, and the VETtrak database's compatibility mode is before SQL Server 2005, it will be changed to SQL Server 2005 compatibility mode during the database upgrade.