Public holidays have been set up so that you will be warned if you try to schedule a class or event on a date that is a holiday. A standard set of public holidays as provided by the government are already provided in VETtrak, but you can remove any that do not apply, or add your own. Holidays can be specified as national or state-based.
Open the Configuration Manager by choosing Manage > Configuration from the menu. The Configuration Manager displays an alphabetically ordered explorer tree.
Adding a new Holiday
- Right-click Holidays and choose Add new holiday.
- Expand Holidays, right-click the appropriate state (or National) branch and choose Add new holiday.
This will open the Holiday Wizard:
- Tick the National holiday checkbox, for a holiday applicable across all states, otherwise select the applicable State.
- Enter the Date of the holiday.
- If the holiday spans more than a single day, tick This holiday has an end date and select the date.
- Optionally, enter a Name for the holiday.
- Optionally provide a Description for the holiday.
- Click Next and then Finish.
Editing an existing Holiday
- Expand Holidays, the relevant state (or national) and then the applicable year..
- Right-click the exemption and choose Edit holiday.
This will open the Holiday Wizard, where you can make changes.
Deleting a Holiday
- Expand Holidays, the relevant state (or national) and then the applicable year.
- Right-click the holiday and choose Delete holiday.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm the delete.
If an error occurs, the holiday has likely been used previously and is included in historical data. In this case, you will need to archive the holiday to remove it from active use.
Viewing the holiday report
The Holiday report lists all the holidays by state, for each year.
To show the report for all states:
- Right-click Holidays and choose Show holiday report.
To show only a single state in the report:
- Expand Holidays.
- Right-click the relevant state and choose Show holiday report.
To show only a specific year in the report:
- Expand Holidays and the relevant state (or National) branch.
- Right-click the relevant year and choose Show holiday report.
The report will be displayed in a new tab/window.