Tasks are configured through the Configuration Manager.
Open the Configuration Manager by choosing Manage > Configuration from the menu.
The Configuration Manager displays an alphabetically ordered explorer tree, where there are three branches relating to Tasks:
In order to use Tasks with occurrences, Tasks must be enabled in the Programme Wizard for the programme to which the occurrences belong. This can be applied via Programmes in the Configuration Manager.
The Tasks branch in the Configuration Manager facilitates the following:
NOTE: Tasks can also be managed through the Task categories branch.
Adding a new task
- Right-click Task and choose Add new task.
NOTE: It is also possible to add a new task from a category in the Task categories branch. This will pre-select the category in the Task Wizard.
This will open the Task Wizard:
- Enter a Name for the task.
- Enter a Code for the task.
- Select the Category in which the task belongs, or click the icon to create a new category.
- Do not make this task available for use indicates if the task should be archived. If ticked, the task will be added/moved to the Archived tasks branch.
- Optionally, provide a Description for the task.
- Click Next and then Finish.
Editing an existing task
- Expand Tasks.
- Right-click the task and choose Edit task.
This will open the Task Wizard, where you can make changes.
Deleting a task
- Expand Tasks.
- Right-click the task and choose Delete task.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm the delete.
If an error occurs, the Task has likely been used previously and is included in historical data. In this case, you will need to archive the code to remove it from active use.
Viewing the task report
This report details all the tasks, including those that have been archived.
- Right-click Tasks and choose Show task report.
The report will be displayed in a new tab/window.
NOTE: This report can also be viewed for all tasks in a single category, using the Task categories branch.