The Email Templates feature allows commonly used messages to be stored for use. It is accessed via Settings > Email Templates from the menu.
Attachments are managed on a per template basis, where by a file must be uploaded for each individual template.
The primary elements are:
- The 'Mail Template Details' section to facilitate the creation of new templates and allow existing templates to be viewed and modified.
- Template List table for saved templates, which allows them to be managed.
Creating a Template
Templates are created using the Mail Template Details section:
- Enter a Template Name to identify the template.
- Select the Template Type for where it will be used.
- Enquiry Form Responses are for use with Enquiries.
- Registration Responses are for use with Registrations and can be selected when emailing from Registrations or Registration Details.
- Pay Now Templates are for use with Deferred Payments, or for registrations with the credit card Pending Payment status. Templates of this type can only be selected when emailing from Registration Details.
- Receipts are for use with Registration Receipts.
- Enter the Subject Line that will be used for the email.
- Enter the message. To assist in formatting your message, the following are available:
- Placeholder variables.
- Select the variable and click the insert button to add it to your message.It will be inserted at the current or last known cursor position.
- When using the template, the placeholder variable will be replaced with the appropriate value for the customer.
Note that some template types have their own placeholders, such as Receipts and Pay Now.
Holding your mouse over icons will identify their function.
- Placeholder variables.
- Click the Save button.
The created template will appear in the List table. This template can now be used. It is also possible to assign attachments to the template at this stage.
Once a template has been created, the Template List table allows them to be managed. This includes assigning attachments and making changes to existing templates.
The following management features are available:
- Template — This link allows the data set during creation to be modified.
- Attachments —Displays the total number of attachments assigned to the template and links to the Attachment screen for editing them.
- 'duplicate' link — Clicking this link will create a copy of the template.
- 'delete' link — Clicking this link will permanently remove the template and attachments.
To upload files to be sent with the template message, click the 'Edit' link under the Attachments column:
The Mail Template Attachment page will be displayed:
- Click the 'Browse' button (or equivalent).
- Navigate to the required file and double-click to select it.
- Click the 'Save' button.
The uploaded file will be displayed in the list table.
If there are more files applicable to the template, click 'New' and Repeat Steps 1 and 2 , then:
- Click the 'Back' button to return to the Mail Templates page.