Skills allows you to specify the types of skills that you want to assign to a client.
Open the Configuration Manager by choosing Manage > Configuration from the menu. The Configuration Manager displays an alphabetically ordered explorer tree.
- Adding a new skill
- Assigning a skill to a client
- Editing an existing skill
- Deleting a skill
- Viewing the skill report
Adding a new Skill
Right-click Skills and choose Add skills:
This will open the Skill Wizard:
- Enter a Name for the skill.
- Optionally, enter a Code for the skill.
- This skill is archived indicates if the skill should be archived. If ticked, the skill will be added/moved to the Archived skills branch.
- Expiry Months allows you to specify a period of time before the skill will expire.
- Optionally, provide a Description for the skill.
- Click Next and then Finish.
Assigning a Skill to a Client
To assign a Skill to a particular client, look up the client within the Client Manager, and Right-Click Skills and select the relevant option:
This will display the Client Skill Wizard:
- Select Skill - Select any pre-existing skills via the drop down menu, or use the handy button to create a new skill.
- Date Acquired - Indicate a date when this skill first became recognisable.
- Expiry date - Indicate a date when this skill may expire.
- Skill is inactive for this client - Indicates that this skill may be associated with this client, but is currently not considered active.
- Notes/Description - Add any additional information required for this skill.
If you choose Add Multiple Skills, you will get a unique wizard that allows you to select a number of skills, and add relevant information to them:
Skills will then display under the heading for the client:
Editing an existing Skill
- Expand Skills.
- Right-click the skill and choose Edit skill.
This will open the skill Wizard, where you can make changes.
Deleting a Skill
- Expand Skills.
- Right-click the skill and choose Delete skill.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm the delete.
If an error occurs, the Skill has likely been used previously and is included in historical data. In this case, you will need to archive the skill to remove it from active use.
Viewing the Skill Report
This report details all the skills, including those that have been archived.
- Right-click Skills and choose Show skills report.
The report will be displayed in a new tab/window.