Entering Attendance against classes provides a means for tracking whether your students are successfully meeting their requirements for Occurrence based learning that utilises Classes. Attendances can reflect whether a student was Present, Absent or Sick, and can also be customised to suit whatever needs you may need to reflect. Positive attendances can also be used for specific government reporting needs, such as Program Unique Supervised Hours (PUSH) in Victoria.
These attendances can be further clarified by way of Attendance Reasons, which provide an option for users to clarify the particular details regarding their recorded negative attendance - For example describing an absence as being due to sickness.
The simplest way to record attendance is to right-click a Class in the Occurrence Details panel, and select Record attendance for clients:
This will display the Occurrence Class Attendance wizard:
- The specific Class you are entering details for currently will be displayed here.
- Select your Attendance Type to indicate the type of attendance to be recorded (Absent, Present, etc). If you have configured Attendance Reasons you can now select the appropriate one here.
- The Fill Down button is designed to apply a change in bulk based off what you have selected in a particular area. For example, if you press the Fill Down button next to the current selected Attendance Type, it will enter that particular Attendance Type against all ticked Clients in the bottom grid.
- Enter the Time and Dates that reflect the attendance period. For classes that begin and end on the same day, you will be prompted to make sure the Start and Finish dates match.
NOTE: If the start and finish time of the attendance overlap a Break time in the class the portion of the overlapping time will be deducted from the duration minutes.
- The Status Summary will display a key of any errors that need amending
- Bulk Select allows you to choose particular clients you wish to apply an Attendance update to, by way of using the following preselected criteria:
- Fill all fields down to ticked rows will apply all selected items (Attendance Type/Reason, Dates and Times) to all valid Clients in the bottom grid.
- Clear ticked rows will remove pending entered items (Attendance Type/Reason, Dates and Times) from any Client ticked in the bottom grid.
- The bottom grid will display all Clients that are attached to this class that can/will be updated. Review Error details within this area by expanding the coloured Status box on the left hand side. You can then commit the changes by pressing Next.