Before you can set up payment plans, you need to set up the email that will be sent to the invoicee to get them to set up their account with your chosen Payment Plan Provider. This is set up the same as a regular email template, with one important difference - it MUST contain the merge field for the specific eDDR web address the invoicee will visit to set up their payment plan.
This web address is generated by VETtrak when you set up the payment plan in VETtrak, and is a long address with a number of parameters. It is important that you create this as a clickable link in the email, which you can do by following the instructions below.
To create an email template, go to the Configuration Manager, (Manage > Configuration) expand the Merge templates node, right-click on Email templates and select Add new email template.
- Select the Invoice context.
- Type the body of your email as you wish for it to appear
- Double-click or click and drag the "Payment Plan eDDR URL" field to insert it in the email.
You then need to create the hyperlink, as described below:
- Highlight the merge field and copy the text (Ctrl-C):
- Select the Extra tab.
- Click on the Hyperlink icon.
- Paste the text into the box that appears (Ctrl-V).
- Click OK.
You can then change the text of the link to say whatever you want, so your email will appear similar to that below: