Allows you to set a notice appearing to users when they visit your site.
Choose Settings > Messages from the menu.
When at least one message has been created, they will be displayed in a table.
- Click the '(Edit)' link in the ID column to make changes to an existing message.
- Click the 'delete' link to permanently remove the message.
Messages will be displayed by to a user until that user closes the message.
Messages are shown on the main screen and through-out the registration process.
Users will continue to see messages that fall within the time period for viewing each time they visit , unless they close the message(s).
Once a user has closed a message, it generally will not show for that user again, although if significant time has passed between visits, a message may show again.
Creating a message
- Select the Start Date for the message.
- Select the End Date for the message.
- Enter the Message.
- Enter a Read More URL if you want to include a link to a webpage.
- Click the Save button.
See also: Message History - a report on messages the system has displayed.