NOTE: The Linked Occurrences feature is NOT related to Linked Enrolments in VETtrak.
Linked Occurrences allows a single occurrence to be tied to multiple additional occurrences so that when a user registers for the main occurrence, they will be automatically registered for each of the occurrences that are linked to it.
Key points regarding this feature:
- All occurrences, the main and each linked occurrence, must be published for online enrolment in VETtrak for the feature to function as expected.
- In cases where it is not desirable for the linked occurrences to accept registrations themselves, they can be hidden using the List Exclusions feature.
- The user will not know they are being registered into multiple occurrences, so the main occurrence should make this clear in some way.
- The main occurrence could belong to an aptly named programme, such as "Dual qual...", "First Aid & CPR Combined Special", or similar.
- Advice can be included in the Description for the programme in VETtrak, if VETenrol is set to display the Programme Description.
- Advice can also be included in the Description for the main occurrence in VETtrak, if VETenrol is set to display the Occurrence Description. This is a better option if the occurrence is part of a programme where not all of the listed occurrences are linked.
- The user will only be charged the price set for the main occurrence, regardless of how many occurrences are linked to it and what prices have been set for those. Pricing set on a linked occurrence will be utilised if a user registers directly for that occurrence.
Linked Occurrences is applicable to standard registration process for individuals. It is not intended for use with Rapid Registrations or Group Bookings and should not be attempted with either of these processes.
Additionally, Linked Occurrences are not compatible with the account setting Post-Payment Push.
Linked Occurrences is not enabled by default. This feature is available by request, so please contact Support if you would like to use it.
When the Linked Occurrences feature is enabled for your account it will be available via Programmes > Linked Occurrences.
The Linked Occurrences screen has two key elements:
- The Occurrence section — used to create, or modify an occurrence.
- The Occurrence list table — for managing existing linked occurrences.
Occurrences in the list table can be:
- Modified by clicking the occurrence ID.
- Assigned occurrences to be linked by clicking the 'Edit' link.
- Removed from the list by clicking the corresponding 'delete' link.
NOTE: The Exclusions List table will not be displayed if there are no exclusions.
Creating a linked occurrence
To Create a linked occurrence:
- Type the 'Occurrence ID' in the field provided. This is the main occurrence.
- Click the 'Save' button.
The newly created record will be added to the Occurrence List table.
- Click 'Edit' in the Linked column of the table.
This will open a new screen for linking occurrences to the original:
- Type the 'Occurrence ID' in the field provided. This is for an occurrence in which users will be automatically registered when they register in the original occurrence.
- Enter the 'Price ID' to identify the pricing to be applied for the automatic registration.
- Click the 'Save' button.
The newly created record will be added to the Linked list table.
Now that the occurrence has been linked:
- Repeat steps 4 - 6 to link additional occurrences.
- Click the 'Back' button to return to Linked Occurrences.
NOTE: The main occurrence and all occurrences linked to it must be published for online enrolment in VETtrak. The linked occurrences not intended for direct registration can be hidden from view using List Exclusions.
NOTE: The user will not know they are being registered into multiple occurrences, the main occurrence should make this clear.