File Notes are a unique way to record targeted information against entities within VETtrak, and can be categorised by using File Note types.
Open the Configuration Manager by choosing Manage > Configuration from the menus.The Configuration Manager displays an alphabetically ordered explorer tree.
- Adding a new File Note Type
- Editing an existing File Note Type
- Deleting a File Note Type
- Viewing the File Note Type report
- Record Type Applicability
- Web Portal Availability
Adding a new File Note Type
Expand the File Notes item to display File Note Types.
Right-click File Note Type and choose Add new File Note Type:
This will open the File Note Type Wizard:
- Optionally, enter a Code for the File Note Type.
- Enter a File Note Type name.
- This file note type is inactive indicates if the File Note Type should be archived. If ticked, the File Note Type will be added/moved to the Archived File Note Types branch.
- Optionally provide a Description for the File Note Type.
- Click Next.
This will then show the File Note Applicability screen:
Within this area you can identify which VETtrak record can make use of this File Note Type when creating a new File Note. Tick and Untick the Applicable row on the right hand side to allow or remove particular VETtrak records from the option.
Tick the Default option if you wish for this File Note Type to be the default used when creating a File Note for that record.
This will then show the Web Portal Availability screen:
- Select if you wish for File Notes
- Click Next and then Finish.
Editing an existing File Note Type
- Expand File Note Types.
- Right-click the type and choose Edit File Note Type.
This will open the File Note Type Wizard, where you can make changes.
Deleting a File Note Type
- Expand File Note Types.
- Right-click the type and choose Delete File Note Type.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm the delete.
If an error occurs, the File Note Type has likely been used previously and is included in historical data. In this case, you will need to archive the File Note Type to remove it from active use.
Viewing the File Note Type report
This report lists all of the File Note Types, including those that are archived.
- Right-click File Note Types and choose Show File Note Type Report.
The report will be displayed in a new tab/window.
Record Type Applicability
You can also manage File Note Types applicability under the Record Type Applicability heading:
Right click on a Record Type to edit what File Note Types should be applicable:
This will display the File Note Type Record Applicability Wizard for that Record:
- Items not associated with the Record type are displayed on the left, and can be Added or edited within this area.
- Items already associated with the Record type are displayed on the right, and can be Removed or edited within this area.
Web Portal Availability
You can also manage what File Note Types are available within the VETtrak Web Portals under the Web Portal Availability heading:
To do this, right click either Portal option and select Edit File Note Type Web Portal Availability:
This will display the File Note Type Web Portal Availability Wizard:
- Tick whether you wish for a File Note Type to be Viewed within the Portal Product.
- Select if you wish for the File Note Type to be available to Add within the Portal Product.