Important - please read this first
2019 AVETMISS reporting - this release contains AVETMISS reporting changes for 2019. You should not upgrade to VETtrak 19.1 or later until you have completed and finalised your 2018 reporting.
Product updates - if you are using any web portal products (Trainer Portal, Student Portal, VTDocs Portal or Progress Portal), or the VETtrak API, you should also update these products to the new versions for VETtrak 19.1.
USI web service version 3 - this version updates VETtrak to use the new version 3 of the USI web services. If you use USI web service functionality in VETtrak, you must upgrade to VETtrak 19.1 or later by mid-2019, because the USI office is planning to retire version 2 of the USI web service at that time.
Version 19.1.0 is a major update from 18.3.x and includes database updates. Ensure you have a backup of your database before updating. If at all unsure please contact VETtrak Customer Support on 1800 838 872 or email email@example.com.
The most significant changes are:
- AVETMISS reporting changes for 2019.
- New Client Importer and Foundation Skills Childcare Importer.
- New Organisation scope Training Package and Qualification imports from TGA.
- Generate quarterly AVETMISS. Generate National AVETMISS, and Generate State AVETMISS for states that submit quarterly through AVS (NSW, SA, TAS, NT and ACT), will no longer default the submission period to "Entire year" and you will need to select the correct one. Buttons to easily select the previous quarter or the current quarter have been added.
- Bulk update assessment modes. Fixed an error that occurs when bulk updating assessment modes for occurrences in Data Insights with the "Change all units in all active enrolments in the occurrences to these assessment modes" option on, if any of the enrolments in those occurrences don't contain all of its occurrence's units.
- Cancel DebitSuccess payment plan. When cancelling a DebitSucess payment plan that has not been confirmed, VETtrak will now automatically attempt to confirm the account with DebitSuccess, to ensure that it cancels the real account and not an account template that has already been completed.
- Download DebitSuccess failed payments. VETtrak will now correctly reverse failed payments that are downloaded from DebitSuccess. The description of the reversed payment will be updated to include the DebitSuccess failed payment ID and the payment error code. The "Download failed payments" configuration option has been removed from DebitSuccess payment plan providers, as VETtrak must always download and record failed payments from DebitSuccess due to the way DebitSuccess handles failed payments.
- Update VIC Program Enrolment Identifier. A new "Edit" button has been added to the Program Enrolment Identifier field on the VIC state page in the Enrolment wizard. Pressing this allows you to generate a new VIC Program Enrolment Identifier, or manually enter one (if you need to set it back to an earlier value). Generating a new one will set it to blank, so VETtrak will generate a new one next time it is reported in Generate AVETMISS. This function must only be used when necessary and used with care, as incorrect use may affect your claiming and cause SVTS to issue a negative claim. For more details, refer to this article.
- Update VIC Enrolment Identifier. The VIC Enrolment Identifier is now visible as a new column in the Edit AVETMISS Values wizard for VIC state reportable enrolments. The field has an "Edit" button allowing you to generate a new VIC Enrolment Identifier, or manually enter one (if you need to set it back to an earlier value), for an enrolled unit. Generating a new one will set it to blank, so VETtrak will generate a new one next time it is reported in Generate AVETMISS. This function must only be used when necessary and used with care, as incorrect use may affect your claiming and cause SVTS to issue a negative claim. For more details, refer to this article.
- VIC Payment History Importer wizard. The VIC Payment History Importer wizard will now work correctly for spreadsheets containing the new "FreeTAFEAmount" column. VETtrak will now remember the last used setting of the "Don't check funding or purchasing contract" tickbox, instead of always defaulting it to on.
- Rounding of VIC "Client fees - other". Generate AVETMISS for VIC will now round the reported "Client fees - other" to the nearest dollar, instead of always rounding up. Fractional amounts of 50 cents will use bankers rounding (rounding to the nearest even whole number).
- VIC commencing status translation with associated course identifier. In Generate AVETMISS for VIC, if you report an enrolled unit in the NAT120 that has an associated course identifier (ie. it has superseded another enrolment), has a commencing status of 3 (commencing), and has a commencement date in a previous year, VETtrak will now automatically report the commencing status as 4 (continuing).
- New Importer performance. The performance of the new importers has been improved in larger Firebird databases when you are performing an "update" (but not "match") on fields from related tables.
- Invoice Payment Status Importer. An error that occurs when opening the Invoice Payment Status Importer wizard has been fixed.
- Deadlock when starting VETtrak. Changes have been made that should make deadlock errors less likely to occur when multiple instances of VETtrak are starting at the same time.
- Finance Pro feature. A role no longer requires the "Finance Pro" feature for users to be able to add non-occurrence enrolments to invoices.
- Canvas LMS registration emails. A new setting to "Send registration email when creating users in Canvas" option has been added to the Canvas LMS configuration wizard. Ticking this will cause Canvas to send an email to the student, containing a link allowing the student to set a password for their new Canvas account, when VETtrak creates new students in Canvas.
- Error after editing CRICOS CoE. An access violation error that occurs after editing a CRICOS CoE has been fixed.
- Invoice payment node performance. The performance when expanding an invoice node to see payments in the Client Manager when using larger Firebird databases has been improved.
- DebitSuccess integration. An issue that prevented confirming payment plans and downloading payments from DebitSuccess has been fixed.
- Occurrence cost requires staff member. An issue in the Occurrence Cost wizard causing it to ignore the "requires a staff member to be selected" option on the cost type has been fixed.
- Generate AVETMISS Save in Doc DB. If an error occurs when saving a copy of the generated NAT files to the document database (eg. because it is not configured correctly), the process will now continue as normal, with the message at the end indicating that the save to the Doc DB failed and was skipped. If you have the Document Database feature but have an empty server name in Document Database Preferences, the "Save in Doc DB" option will not be available.
- Client Importer empty values. An issue that could cause a field to be updated to its not-stated or default value, instead of leaving it alone, when that field in your import file is empty and you are updating an existing client using an "Update" operation, has been fixed. The fields affected by this are: Gender, USI verification status, Preferred contact method, Citizenship status, Address type, At school, Proficiency in spoken English, Indigenous status, Has disability, Has prior education, Web published, VIC VSN status, and VIC occupation.
- Client Importer multiple option custom field. An issue importing data into custom fields that can have multiple options, when the option name contains a space, has been fixed.
- Client Importer clear custom field. An issue that occurs when using "Update (can set blank)" to update a date or multi-option custom field to blank has been fixed.
- Client Importer spaces. Any leading or trailing spaces in any fields in your import file, and in VETtrak data when matching your import data to it, will now be ignored.
- New Zealand gender D. In the NZ Add-on, a client with gender X (Indeterminate/Intersex/Unspecified) will now be reported to NSI as gender D (Diverse).
- Generate AVETMISS drop-down menu. The buttons in the NAT80 and NAT120 grids in Generate AVETMISS have been changed to a drop-down menu, allowing you to more easily choose which wizard you'd like to open for that row. Options to open the Client Personal wizard in the NAT80 and NAT120, and the Contract wizard in the NAT120 (if applicable), have been added. The buttons in the NAT85, NAT90 and NAT100 grids now open the Client Personal wizard rather than the Client wizard, as this is more appropriate for the data in those files.
- Client Importer related tables. An issue that could cause records for related tables (such as address) to not be created when creating new clients in the new Client Importer has been fixed.
- AVS validation with invalid characters. The Download Validation Results from AVS wizard now gives you better information when AVS reports a file-wide validation error, such as the use of invalid characters, that is not attributed to a specific row in a NAT file.
- Email 10022 error. An issue has been fixed in the Report Scheduler that causes a "10022 Invalid Argument" error when a user that does not have access to the Report Scheduler sends email.
- Exit confirmation when updating. The exit confirmation message will no longer appear when VETtrak needs to quit to apply a future minor update.
- Capability item changes. An issue that would cause previously-enabled capability items to not reflect the new name or code if you subsequently change the name or code of the unit/qualification/task/credential/skill it is for has been fixed.
Refer to this article for an overview of all AVETMISS reporting changes for 2019.
National and all states
- Gender X. Gender X (Indeterminate/Intersex/Unspecified) can now be reported in AVETMISS for national and all states. Previously this was only accepted by VIC.
- National funding source. National funding source 80 has been renamed to "Revenue earned from another training organisation (TAFE use only)", as it can only be used by TAFEs.
- International offshore postcode. Generate AVETMISS will report an error in the NAT80 file if you are reporting a client with a USI exemption code of INTOFF, and the client's postcode is not OSPC.
- Renamed NAT85. The NAT85 file has been renamed from "Client postal details" to "Client contact details".
- Renamed commencing status identifiers. All commencing status values have been renamed to match recent name changes in the standards:
- 3 renamed from "Commencing enrolment in a qualification or course" to "Commencing training in the program"
- 4 renamed from "Continuing enrolment in the qualification or course from a previous year" to "Continuing training in the program from a previous year"
- 8 renamed from "Unit of competency or module enrolment only" to "Subject-only training"
- New national funding sources. New national funding sources 31 "International onshore client - other revenue" and 32 "International offshore client - other revenue" have been added to replace 30 "International client - other revenue". VIC are introducing this change in 2019; all other states and national will not be introducing this change until 2020. The following changes have been made for this:
- All VIC state funding sources have been updated to match VIC's "Funding Source Identifier STA Supplement" for 2019. This means that there will be no active state funding sources with national funding source 30, as this is no longer valid in VIC for 2019 - all existing ones with national funding source 30 have been updated to 31.
- The VIC state funding source list now has two entries for F (Fee for service - overseas full fee-paying students) - one with national funding source 31 and the other with 32. Likewise, VIC state funding source Z20 (VET in Schools) now has three entries - for national funding sources 20, 31 and 32.
- When dropping-down the state funding source field, VETtrak will now show the national funding source code against each entry in the list, assisting you to select the state funding source with the correct national funding when there are multiple with the same state code.
- In the VIC page in the Enrolment wizard, if the enrolment finishes in 2019 or later, and the client's usual address postcode is "OSPC", a validation error will be shown if the selected state funding source's national funding source is not 31 or 32.
- In Generate State AVETMISS for VIC for 2019, you will get a validation error if you attempt to report a state funding source with a national funding source of 30 in VIC. If you report for 2018 or earlier, any national funding source of 31 or 32 will automatically be reported as 30, so the generation is still correct for previous years.
- Fee waiver reporting. The NAT120 file in VIC for 2019 can now contain fee exemption codes that are up to two characters long. The first character of the reported fee exemption code represents what type of fee concession applies, and the second character of the reported fee exemption code represents what type of fee waiver applies (if any). The following changes have been made to support this:
- The list of fee exemptions for VIC in the Configuration Manager has been updated for 2019. Note that this list contains both fee concessions (ie. those with a "Tuition fee calculation method" of "Do not reduce tuition fee" or "Reduce tuition fee to the concession amount"), and fee waivers (ie. those with a "Tuition fee calculation method" of "Fee waiver"). Note that each VIC fee exemption code in VETtrak has only one character.
- The existing "Fee exemption" drop-down in the VIC state page in the Enrolment wizard, and in the Edit AVETMISS Values wizard, has been split into two drop-downs. The first is a "Fee concession" drop-down, which lists only VIC fee exemptions that are not fee waivers, and is mandatory. The second "Fee waiver" drop-down lists only VIC fee exemptions that are fee waivers, and is not mandatory.
- The existing "Fee exemption" that was selected in all existing VIC enrolments have been split into a fee concession and fee waiver as follows:
- Fee exemption I has been split into fee concession Z, and fee waiver E.
- Fee exemption E has been split into an empty fee concession, and fee waiver E (note this means you will get an error the next time the enrolment is edited or reported, as you must enter the applicable fee concession, because it is mandatory and VETtrak cannot determine this automatically).
- Fee exemption X has been split into fee concession Z, and fee waiver X.
- Fee exemption Y has been split into fee concession Z, and fee waiver Y.
- Fee exemption T has been split into fee concession Z, and fee waiver T.
- All other fee exemption codes have been split into the fee concession with the same code, with an empty fee waiver.
- When calculating tuition fees from a funding model, the amount will be calculated as 0 if the enrolment/enrolled unit has a fee waiver selected. If not, whether the applicable full amount or concession amount will be used depends on the "Tuition fee calculation method" of the fee exemption selected as the fee concession.
- In Generate AVETMISS for VIC in 2019, the 2-character fee exemption code field in the NAT120 file will be reported as the code of the fee concession, followed by the code of the fee waiver (if any). If you report in VIC for 2018 or earlier, the fee exemption field will be reported as just one character, which will be the code for the selected fee waiver if any, otherwise the code for the selected fee concession.
- The codes of both the fee concession and the fee waiver (if any) will be shown in the "Fee exemption" column in the Enrolments Grid in the Client Manager, the Tuition Fees wizard, and the Recalculate Enrolment Pricing wizard.
New South Wales
- NSW provider calculator strategy fields. New fields for the Strategy initiative, Strategy code, Sub-strategy code and Voucher number have been added to the Eligibility tabs in the NSW state page in the Enrolment wizard. These will be included when exporting NSW Provider Calculator data.
- Removed APL reporting. All functionality for NSW APL reporting has been removed from VETtrak, as it is no longer required. Old APL claiming data can still be viewed in the Enrolment wizard. The "NSW claims" menu has been renamed to "NSW utilities".
- Software product name and vendor email. When exporting AVETMISS files in SA for 2019 or later, the software product name and vendor email will now be included in the NAT10 file.
Other AVETMISS-related changes
- Store AVETMISS files in document database. If you have the VETtrak Document Database, when saving NAT files in Generate AVETMISS, there is a new tickbox to save a copy of the generated AVETMISS files into the document database. These can be retrieved in the AVETMISS Generation Log wizard.
- Default collection year in Jan. When generating State AVETMISS in January, the collection year will default to the previous year, with "Enforce end of year validation" ticked. For National AVETMISS, the collection year will default to the previous year in January and February.
- Update AVETMISS Fields nominal hours. The Update AVETMISS Fields will now only update the hours of units that are 0. This is to avoid overwriting any state-specific hours that may have already been set, used in some states, with the nationally agreed hours.
For information about how to use the new Client Importer, refer to this article.
- Client importer. A new "Import clients" option has been added to the Utility menu, to open the new Client Importer. This works the same as the other new importers, allowing you to use most client fields that are available in Data Insights. It allows you to create and update clients in your database in bulk from spreadsheet files. You can open any original client importer .layout files, which will convert them to the new format. You will see a message if your old layout contains any fields that may need adjustments to work correctly with the new Client Importer.
- Foundation Skills Childcare importer. A new "Childcare importer" option has been added to the Utility menu, to open the new Childcare Importer, which also works the same as the other new importers. It allows you to create and update childcare sessions in your database in bulk from spreadsheet files. This functionality is only available if you are using the Foundation Skills add-on.
- Custom fields. You can now import or match data in custom fields in the new client importer.
- Related field sets. You can now match or import into fields that can have multiple records in related tables. This allows for things such as the import of addresses, prior education, external codes etc for clients. When you drag fields from such related tables into the importer layout, they go into a separate "set", indicated by a number and a colour. All fields in the same set go into the same related record.
- Fixed field values. Each field set may have one or more fixed field values applied. These values can apply when importing all rows. For example, your client importer spreadsheet may have a column that contains what each client's external code should be for a specific external system, but your spreadsheet does not have a column that indicates which external system that is. You can define a fixed value column in that set on the "External system -> Name" field, to indicate which external system that each external code should go against. Another example use of this is if you wanted all clients in your spreadsheet to go into a particular group or division, even if there isn't a column in the spreadsheet for this - you can specify the group or division name or code in the fixed field values.
- Generated fields. "Generated fields" are additional fields allowing you to provide data in alternative ways. For example, the "Address single line" field in the Address table in the Client Importer allows you to import an address column that is not split into separate AVETMISS 8-style unit, building, street number and street name fields.
- Show hidden fields. To avoid confusion, internal VETtrak ID fields are no longer shown in the importers. If you wish to use them for matching, you can tick a new "Show internal ID fields" tickbox in the importer layout settings.
- Payment Importer default payment location. The Payment Importer will now show a "Note" instead of a yellow warning message when it will use the default payment location when creating a payment (because the location isn't in the import file).
You can now easily import/update all training packages and qualifications applicable to your current RTO scope on training.gov.au. A new "Import organisation scope from TGA" menu option is available when right-clicking the Training Packages node in the Qualification Manager. In this wizard, you select an organisation (that has a National RTO ID entered), and hit a button to import/update into your database:
- All training packages (with all units they contain) that contain any qualification or skill set in your organisation's current explicit scope on training.gov.au, and
- All qualifications, skill sets and accredited courses in your organisation's current explicit scope on training.gov.au (note that no units will be linked to these)
- Student Identification details. The Student Identification details field in the Client Personal wizard has been changed to a drop-down allowing up to 1,000 characters to be entered.
- Process web enrolment client matching. When matching a web client, if a USI was provided in the web enrolment, a search for that USI will be attempted first. If no client with that USI is found, the normal name search will be performed. In addition, both the Client Match and Employer Match wizards will now highlight any fields that will be updated if "match and update" is used in red (because the web client or web company has a different non-empty value for that field).
- Run reports for active enrolments in occurrence. A new "Run reports for active enrolments" option is available when right-clicking the Enrolments node in an occurrence in the Programme Manager. This allows you to bulk run built-in reports for all active client enrolments in the occurrence.
- Unit clusters when enrolling in occurrence. When enrolling in an occurrence with "Show units" ticked, the units grid now shows the cluster of each unit in the occurrence, and includes a drop-down button allowing you to toggle on or off all units that have the selected cluster.
- Enrolled unit release number. Enrolled units now have an optional release number field, to record the release number of the unit being delivered to the student. When creating a new unit enrolment, the release number for the enrolled unit is copied from the current release number on the unit. This can be updated in the Training Plan and Enrolment Results wizards, along with a button allowing you to easily update the enrolled unit's release number to the current release number for that unit.
- Change enrolled unit field in enrolments in occurrence. A new "Change field in unit enrolments" menu option is available when right-clicking a unit in an occurrence in the Programme Manager. This allows you to update the unit hours, delivery modes, release number, or reportability for that unit in selected enrolments in the occurrence in bulk (all active enrolments are selected by default), and optionally apply that change to the occurrence unit for future enrolments in the occurrence. This functionality replaces the "Edit all units for clients in this occurrence to be like these units" tickbox at the end of the Edit AVETMISS Values wizard for the occurrence, as this tickbox could inadvertently update fields that you didn't intend to.
- Waitlist entry report. A new built-in report is available when right-clicking a waitlist entry, that shows details of that waitlist entry.
- Classes not showing in calendar. An issue that could cause some classes not to appear in the Class Calendar wizard when clicking the "next month" button has been resolved.
- "Number of days ago" result validations. The default "Initial result start date more than this number of days ago" and "Result finish date more than this number of days ago" settings in Global Preferences -> Result, Unit and Award Preferences -> Advanced tab have been changed from 90 to 60 days. They will not be changed if you had already changed them from 90 to another number.
- Attendance auto unit result training plan finish date. A new tickbox to "Use Training Plan planned finish date when auto starting unit", ticked by default, has been added to Global Preferences -> Programme Preferences -> Attendance tab -> Automatically start units. If ticked, when auto-starting units due to attendance, VETtrak will use the planned finish date of the unit for the finish date of the result, if it is set and is in the future, instead of calculating a finish date using the "Months in future" setting.
- Deleting enrolments when deleting contract. When deleting a contract, you can now tick a box in the confirmation message to have VETtrak also delete all enrolments in that contract. If not ticked, the enrolments are detached from the deleted contract as usual.
- Deleting enrolment invoice check. When deleting an enrolment, VETtrak will now tell you if it cannot be deleted because any part of it has already been invoiced.
- Enrolment ID display. The title of the Enrolment and Occurrence wizards will now include the enrolment ID in square brackets, when editing an enrolment/occurrence.
- Schedule Invoice fill down. In the Schedule Invoices wizard, you can now fill the same schedule information to multiple rows in the pricing grid by entering it in the fields at the top of the wizard, ticking Fill on the rows to apply it to, and pressing the Fill Down button. You can tick/untick Fill at the enrolment or unit level to change the tickbox for all price items in the enrolment or that unit.
- Payment wizard RRN and order number. The Payment wizard will now show the RRN and order number, if they have been set by the Ezidebit integration or via the API.
- Transfer enrolment error clearing invoice schedule. An issue that would cause an error when you tried to clear uninvoiced invoice schedules in an enrolment that had previously been transferred to another occurrence has been fixed. The adjustment recorded on the transferred enrolment to balance the amounts will now reduce the pricing amount to $0 as is normally the case with adjustments.
User interface changes
- Search hover. Hovering over a row in the client, employer or staff search will now show the details of the row being hovered over to the right, not just the details of the selected record. The mobile phone number has been added to these hover pop-ups.
- Exit confirmation. When quitting VETtrak, you will now be asked to confirm. Tick "Don't ask me again" if you want to stop the confirmation message appearing for your user account. If you wish to see the message again, you can use the File menu -> Reset User Preferences wizard to reset the "VETtrak exit confirmation hidden" setting.
- Toolbar icons. Icons for the Quality Assurance Manager and Process Web Enrolments Manager have been added to the new toolbar.
- Bulk Staff Change high-DPI. An issue causing the buttons to not appear in the Bulk Staff Change wizard when running VETtrak with high-DPI settings has been fixed.
- Bulk run report print. A new "Print" option has been added to the Bulk Run Report wizette. This allows you to print each of the generated reports.
- Report export to email reusing previous export filename. An issue causing the export report to email function to re-use the same report name that was used by the last report export to file has been fixed.
- Report Scheduler FTP. The ability to output reports via FTP has been added to the Report Scheduler add-on. The Settings tab fields allowing you to configure and test connection to your FTP server. When setting up a scheduled report, you can choose to output it by uploading it to that FTP server, optionally to a specified folder.
Data Insights changes
- Foundation skills category. Foundation skills category is now available in Data Insights, under a Foundation skills entitlement.
- Last updated date fields. All fields that contain the date the record was last updated are now consistently called "Last updated date".
LMS integration changes
- Transfer multiple units in an enrolment to Catapult LMS. A new "Transfer enrolment to Catapult LMS" option has been added when right-clicking a client enrolment. This wizard allows you to select multiple units from the enrolment to transfer to Catapult LMS for online learning.
- Use VETtrak passwords for Catapult LMS. New tickboxes have been added to the Configure Catapult LMS wizard to use the client's VETtrak password for created students and/or trainers, instead of having Catapult generate a new password. Note that the password is not subsequently kept in sync if it later changes in either system.
- Canvas LMS authorisation. VETtrak will now show an error message instead of repeating the Canvas authorisation process if Canvas reports there is a problem with the access token (which can occur if the key has "Test Cluster Only" ticked in Canvas).
USI web service version 3
VETtrak now uses the new version 3 of the USI web services. Changes include:
- USIs can now be created for clients with gender X.
- USIs can now be created for clients under 10 years of age.
- The client's preferred name is now included when creating a USI. This is used to more easily locate the student's USI in future.
- Extra validation rules on client's name when creating a USI to ensure that unusual characters have not been used that would make it more difficult to verify or locate the student's USI in future.
- Rule changes in the USI web service makes it more likely to successfully locate a client's USI.
- The USI web service now uses country codes rather than country names when creating USIs, reducing the likelihood of issues occurring due to variations in country names.
- Extra validation rules have been added to Identity Documents to make it more likely that data is entered correctly for DVS (Document Verification Service) checks to be successful when creating a USI. This includes the removal of the "Country of issue" field from the "Visa (non-Australian passport)" document type.
- A new "View samples" link in the Identity Document wizard will open a USI web page that has details about where to find the fields on the identity document that need to be entered.
- Trainer Portal attendance QR code scanning. The Trainer Portal now optionally allows you to record class attendance by using QR codes. You issue a unique QR code (containing the student's client code) to each student (for example, by email, or on a student ID card), and use the Trainer Portal on a device with a camera to scan these QR codes in class to record attendance. A new Trainer Portal Attendance setting of "QR code scanning" has been added to Trainer Portal Global Preferences and the Programme wizard to turn this on. In here, you configure which VETtrak attendance types are used for clients that attend, are late (by a configurable number of minutes after class start), or have not attendended. You can right-click the Personal node in the Client Manager to show or email the attendance QR code for the client. For details of how this works, refer to this article.
- Trainer Portal attendance preferences. The "Tick record signatures checkbox by default" option has been moved from the Legacy mode to the Standard tab, as it doesn't just apply to attendance. VETtrak will now check that you have the document database when either of the "require signature" tickboxes are ticked.
- Progress Portal security roles. The new version of the Progress Portal for 19.1 now uses VETtrak's role-based security system. You can set up multiple roles in the Progress Portal application in the Security Manager, configure the permissions for each role, and assign employer contacts to roles. The "Progress Portal access" tickbox in the Employer Contact wizard has been replaced by a "Progress Portal role" drop-down as an alternative means to select which role this contact has (or empty to not allow them access to the Progress Portal). You can choose a default Progress Portal role for new employer contacts in Global Preferences -> Progress Portal. When a user logs into the Progress Portal, they have access to whichever employers they are a contact for (that have a Progress Portal role assigned), so they may have a different role depending on the employer they select. For details of how this works, refer to this article.
- Progress Portal authentication providers. The ability to set up external authentication providers has been added to the Progress Portal in the Security Manager.
- Progress Portal file notes. File notes can now be viewed in the Progress Portal. The Configuration Manager now allows you to control which file note types can be viewed in the Progress Portal.
- Student Portal waitlist. The waitlist functionality available in the Student Portal has been significantly expanded, to allow students to express interest in additional courses, which come into VETtrak as waitlist entries. For details, refer to this article.
- Authentication provider external system code. A new "Identify logging-in users using this client field" option of "External system code" has been added to the Authentication Provider wizard. If this is selected, you select an external system to use the code for. This option allows the portal to identify the logging-in client by matching the user's identifier in the authentication provider to the code in the selected external system that is recorded for that client in VETtrak. Please note that the functionality to use this setting is not yet implemented in the portals, but will be added in future.
- YouTube external link. A new option for YouTube links has been added to the External Link wizard.
- Waitlist triggers and actions. You can now set up triggers and actions for when waitlist entries are created or edited.
- Send SMS for awards. You can now send SMS messages for awards. This can be done by right-clicking an award, or when working with awards in Data Insights or Triggers and Actions. You can set up SMS merge templates for awards.
- Employer legal name search. The "Legal name" search option for employers has been moved to the bottom of the list, to avoid issues with the wrong search option being selected in a few places, eg. when matching an employer when processing web enrolments. If you have previously set the "Default employer manager search" preference, you may need to adjust it again.
- QLD Payment Importer dates. If the client, unit, qualification and purchasing contract (and contract code for PS submissions) in a row in the QLD Payment Importer file matches multiple enrolled units, the unit dates in the file will then be used to attempt to narrow the match down to one enrolled unit.
- Mandatory eCAF deletion reason. It is now mandatory to enter a reason (visible to the student) when deleting an eCAF.
- New Upstream API URL. The configured Upstream API URL has been changed to use Upstream's new API server.