Placements are often used to record/represent non-supervised work experience or work placements. They can be linked to the client's contract or training agreement, or associated with a non-contract enrolment or occurrence enrolment. Alternatively a placement can be recorded as a 'loose' placement not linked to any specific training activity against the client itself.
Client Placements are viewable in the Client Manager. Contract or enrolment-based placements are shown in the Placements tree underneath the relevant contract or enrolment:
All of a person's placements, contract / enrolment-based or otherwise, are shown in the Placements (all) tree for the selected client:
Placements can also be viewed in the Employer Manager by selecting the employer and expanding the appropriate Placements tree:
You can add a placement by right-clicking on any Placement heading and choosing Add Placement:
This will display the Placement Wizard:
- Choose the contract or enrolment that the placement relates to (it can only be linked to one or the other; it cannot be linked to both). Traineeship placements must be linked to a contract. Leave this blank if the placement is not connected to any specific training activity.
- Select the Host Employer from the selection list of employers in your database. Click the button on the left to make a new one on-the-fly.
- Select the contact person from the selected employer if applicable. Click the button on the left to make another on-the-fly.
- Set the start and finish dates for the placement. You will be warned if these dates overlap with another placement for this client.
- Select the supervising staff member (optional) from the selection list of staff in your database.
- Optionally enter the wage rate, charge rate and hours.
Press Next and Finish to create the placement.