VETtrak has a unique set of tools that allow you to manage invoices that are due to be created/managed at a later date. These are Scheduled Invoices.
Invoice schedules allow you to set out the structure and timing of invoices associated with a Contract, Enrolment or Occurrence Enrolment. Typically this will be in the context of an employer-funded or fee-for-service traineeship where you have negotiated a certain arrangement with the employer for the payment of training.
- Enter the Invoicing Schedule in the Contract or Enrolment
- Using the Scheduling Wizard
- Generating Scheduled Invoices
Enter the Invoicing Schedule in the Contract or Enrolment
An Invoice Schedule can be set up against either a contract or enrolment. This can be done from the following places:
- In the Client Manager: Right-click on a contract, enrolment or occurrence enrolment:
- In the Employer Manager: Right-click on a contract, enrolment or occurrence enrolment:
- In the Programme Manager: Right-click on an occurrence enrolment:
- In the Programme Manager - Occurrence Level: Right-click on the Details node of an occurrence to set the default schedule for all new enrolments in that occurrence:
Any new clients enrolled in that occurrence will automatically have this schedule attached to their enrolment.
This will not set the schedule retroactively for any clients already enrolled. If you have enrolled clients before you set up the default schedule, you will need to set the schedule for them manually, or delete their enrolments and re-enrol them if you want them to have this invoice schedule.
Using the Scheduling Wizard
The Schedule Wizard will display pricing items relevant to the item you right clicked, with a range of tools and fields that allow you to easily enter the scheduling information:
- At the top of the wizard is a range of Fill down items. You can populate these fields with details that you wish to be applied to all selected items in the Pricing Item grid below. Once you have entered the data and selected the items to apply it to, press the Fill down these fields button.
- The Pricing Items for the Contract/Enrolment/Occurrence will be shown in expandable headings.
- The circle in the status column indicates whether an item has been invoiced or scheduled to be invoiced. Orange has been scheduled for invoicing, and blue has been invoiced. You can click on the circle to see the colour key:
- If you are using the Fill Down options to enter data, you need to select the Fill checkbox for data to be applied to that Pricing Item.
- The Schedule Rule area can be expanded to show options that allow you to calculate a specific schedule date for this item. This can be useful if you wish to account for specific entered date data, such as Enrolment Dates, etc.
- Within the Issue Date area, set the date that the item is due to be invoiced.
- Invoicee indicates who is to be invoiced. This defaults to the contract employer if the schedule is on a contract, or to the client if it is for an enrolment. A different employer can be selected if required.
The Sep area can be used to indicate if this item should appear on a separate invoice or, if left unticked, it can be grouped with other items.
Note: You can set a payment due date only if you have ticked the Sep box.
- Invoice date will display an existing invoice date if one exists.
- Amounts can be changed here if necessary.
Once the invoice has been created and paid, the invoice number and payment date will be automatically displayed in the wizard, and a View button will be available which opens the Invoice Wizard in read-only mode.
Generating Scheduled Invoices
Once your dates are entered, and your invoices are considered to be scheduled you can now process them to be created as full Invoices via a unique utility. You can complete this process as often as is considered convenient for your companies process.
Go to Utility > Invoicing Utilities > Generate schedule invoices.
Under the Utility menu, if you expand the Finance Utilities heading you can see the option to Generate scheduled invoices:
This will then display the Generate scheduled invoices window:
- Set the Date Range for the search - This will search based off the Issue Date set in the Schedule Wizard.
- Set the Invoice Date you want to appear on the invoices that are about to be created.
- Tick this box if you want to search for scheduled items from previous periods that have not yet been invoiced.
- Click the Search button.
- Choose a Ledger Code for the invoice(s) if required. These are set up in the Configuration Manager: Ledger Codes.
NOTE: The ledger set here will only be applied to any items that do not already have a ledger code set in their schedule. It will not overwrite any existing ledger codes for individual items.
- The grid will populate with a list of the Clients and Employers that have invoices due according to the scheduled items in their enrolments /contracts. You can expand each heading to display the full details of the invoices.
- The Use boxes are all ticked by default. Untick any invoices that you do not wish to generate now.
- Once you have selected the invoices and entered the details you require, click Next
This will display the Finish screen:
On this screen you can select whether you want to:
- Print all the Invoices after saving them
- Print a Summary Report after saving invoices
- Don't print anything at all right now.
Press Finish to create the invoices.
These invoices will appear under the Ivnoice headings for their addressee type, in the relevant manager:
You can then manage these Invoices however you wish, by recording any Payments, Adjustments and Refunds as they are processed.