Version 20.4.0 is a major update from 20.3.x and includes database updates. If your VETtrak is locally installed, ensure you have a backup of your database before updating. If at all unsure please contact VETtrak Customer Support on 1800 838 872 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The most significant changes are:
- VIC AVETMISS 2021 reporting changes.
- ReadyTech LMS (aNewSpring) integration.
- Moodle LMS integration.
- Finance System (MYOB/Xero) Integration add-on improvements.
Changes have been made to prepare VETtrak for the 2021 AVETMISS reporting changes in VIC. Note that the reporting changes will only take effect for reporting from 2021, so you can use VETtrak 20.4 to complete your 2020 AVETMISS reporting.
- VIC claim exclusion column in Enrolment Results wizard. For a VIC enrolment, the Enrolment Results wizard now allows you to turn on the "Claim exclusion" column so you can adjust them on the same screen. This wizard will now give a warning if the "ERA" claim exclusion code is used for a unit that does not have an outcome of 79.
- Exclude cancelled enrolments from program commencement date generation. When Generate AVETMISS is calculating a course commencement date, it will no longer consider any other enrolments with the same client, qualification, funding and activity in the same year that have a status of cancelled.
- Client fees cannot be blank. VIC Generate AVETMISS in 2021 or later will no longer report an empty "tuition fee" or "client fees other". VETtrak will report 00000 if there are no applicable fees.
- New fee waiver "C". The new VIC fee waiver code C for "Construction Industry Skill Sets initiative" has been added.
- Rename outcome 79. The outcome and result type for 79 has been renamed to "Waiting employer signoff or a practical placement".
- Remove claim exclusion C19. As the claim exclusion code "C19" is no longer valid, this option will no longer be shown in the drop-downs if it's not already selected, and VIC Generate AVETMISS in 2021 or later will report an error if it is used.
- No spaces in client codes. VIC Generate AVETMISS in 2021 or later will report an error if the course commencement date is in 2021 or later, the enrolment does not supersede another one, and the client code contains any spaces (SVTS rule 80020).
- Warning when purchasing contract may not be required. VIC Generate AVETMISS in 2021 or later will report a warning if the course commencement date is in 2021 or later, the enrolment does not supersede another one, and the enrolment has a purchasing contract but the funding source is configured as not requiring a purchasing contract (SVTS rule 120017).
For more information about these changes, refer to this article.
VETtrak/ReadyTech has partnered with aNewSpring to offer a full-featured and integrated Learning Management System, supported locally in Australia. The VETtrak integration includes:
- Link occurrences to aNewSpring courses. Link your VETtrak occurrences to courses in aNewSpring, or create new courses in aNewSpring for occurrences directly from VETtrak. Staff that are linked to the occurrence with the configured staff types are sent to aNewSpring as trainers for the course.
- Map occurrence units/tasks to aNewSpring activities. You can map multiple units and tasks in your VETtrak occurrence to multiple course activities in aNewSpring, allowing those units and tasks to be resulted in VETtrak as the corresponding activities are started and completed in aNewSpring.
- Transfer enrolments to aNewSpring. Send one or multiple enrolments in an occurrence, along with the client details, to aNewSpring for online learning. This will also use the occurrence staff linked to the enrolment in VETtrak to link trainers to the student in the aNewSpring course. This can be configured to automatically send an email notification to the student.
- Remove enrolment from aNewSpring. You can right-click an enrolment that has been transferred to aNewSpring to remove it from aNewSpring.
- Auto-update data in aNewSpring. Updating the dates of an occurrence or enrolment in VETtrak will automatically update the dates on the corresponding course or enrolment in aNewSpring. Updating the staff members on an occurrence in VETtrak will automatically update the trainers for the corresponding course in aNewSpring. Updating the personal details of, or archiving, a client in VETtrak will automatically update those details of the corresponding user in aNewSpring.
- Download results. A screen in VETtrak allows you to download the activity data from aNewSpring and record corresponding unit and task results in VETtrak. This screen allows you to review and adjust any of the result data before saving it into VETtrak.
- Update enrolment status on completion. You can configure the integration to update the status of the enrolment in VETtrak when the student completes the course in aNewSpring.
- Auto-push VETenrol web enrolments to aNewSpring. Each occurrence can be configured to automatically send processed web enrolments to aNewSpring, allowing students to start their online learning automatically after online enrolment if desired.
- Automatically update results. If your VETtrak is hosted, you have the option to utilise a webhook to automatically update unit/task results in VETtrak as activities are completed in aNewSpring, or make them appear in the QA Manager for human review/approval.
- Seamless login to aNewSpring. The VETtrak Student Portal allows students that have enrolments in aNewSpring to jump straight to their online learning in aNewSpring, without having to log in separately to aNewSpring. The VETtrak Trainer Portal allows trainers that are in aNewSpring to jump straight to their online assessments in aNewSpring, without having to log in separately to aNewSpring. The VETtrak desktop allows administrators to jump straight into their aNewSpring account, without having to log in separately to aNewSpring.
More information about this offering can be found at https://readytech.io/LMS
To avoid issues with the current approach of using a Moodle plug-in to integrate with VETtrak, the Moodle integration has been changed to utilise the LMS Integration add-on to make the functionality available in the VETtrak interface. This integration includes:
- Link occurrences to Moodle courses. Link your VETtrak occurrences to courses in Moodle, or create new courses in Moodle for occurrences from VETtrak.
- Map occurrence units/tasks to Moodle activities. You can map multiple units and tasks in your VETtrak occurrence to multiple course activities in Moodle, allowing those units and tasks to be resulted in VETtrak as the corresponding activities are completed in Moodle.
- Transfer enrolments to Moodle. Send one or multiple enrolments in an occurrence, along with the client details, to Moodle for online learning.
- Remove enrolment from Moodle. You can right-click an enrolment that has been transferred to Moodle to remove it from Moodle.
- Auto-update course in Moodle. Updating the dates or status of an occurrence in VETtrak will automatically update the dates or visibility of the corresponding course in Moodle.
- Download results. A screen in VETtrak allows you to download the activity data from Moodle and record corresponding unit and task results in VETtrak. This screen allows you to review and adjust any of the result data before saving it into VETtrak.
- Update enrolment status on completion. You can configure the integration to update the status of the enrolment in VETtrak when the student completes the course in Moodle.
- Auto-push VETenrol web enrolments to Moodle. Each occurrence can be configured to automatically send processed web enrolments to Moodle, allowing students to start their online learning automatically after online enrolment if desired.
To add the Moodle LMS integration to your VETtrak subscription, please contact VETtrak Sales on 1800 838 872 or email email@example.com
- Map multiple pricing items to a finance item. The Finance Items Configuration wizard, and Price Type wizard, now allow you to map multiple VETtrak pricing items to an item in the finance system. This is useful if you have pricing broken down to several items in VETtrak but need to roll them up to a single item in your finance system.
- Map multiple payment types to a finance account. The Finance Accounts Configuration wizard, and Payment Type wizard, now allow you to map multiple VETtrak payment types to an account in the finance system. This is useful if you want multiple payment types to go to the same account in your finance system.
- Match clients and employers to finance system contacts. You can now link a client or employer in VETtrak to an existing contact in your finance system by right-clicking the Personal node for a client in the Client Manager, or the Details node for an employer in the Employer Manager, or for clients and employers in the Finance Transfer wizard. This allows you to search for and select (or create) a contact in your finance system to link to the VETtrak client or employer.
- Finance Transfer wizard improvements. The Statistics page now hides filters that are not applicable. When editing a record in the Finance Transfer wizard, dependant records in other tabs will now be refreshed automatically.
- Add clients to classes between enrolment dates. An issue causing the "Only add clients to classes between enrolment dates" preference to not apply when "Show classes" is turned off in the Enrolment wizard has been fixed.
- Updating contract status. When updating a contract status, now only enrolments in the contract that have the same status type that the contract had will be updated to the new status of the contract.
- Auto schedule of units with outcome 100 in WA. Outcome code 100 in WA "Not started - no participation" will no longer trigger the automatic invoicing of enrolled units on start or completion.
- Edit due date when generating invoices. The Generate Scheduled Invoices wizard now allows you to edit the due dates of the invoices to be generated.
- Invoice payment status after reversal. An issue that could cause the invoice payment status to not be updated when reversing a payment that includes a holding entry in SQL Server has been fixed.
- Bulk update credit terms. The Update Field bulk action in Data Insights now allows you to bulk update the default credit terms for clients and employers.
- VIC claim exclusion ERA. The VIC claim exclusion code "ERA" is now available to be queried or bulk updated for enrolments and enrolled units in Data Insights.
- Delivery provider employer. The Delivery Provider Employer field can now be bulk updated for enrolled units in Data Insights and in the Unit Results Importer.
- Status for web enrolments. A new "Default status for enrolments created through API" preference has been added to Global Preferences -> Programme Preferences -> Web Enrolment tab. With this preference, you can choose to use:
- The default status in the Configuration Manager (this is the default option to maintain existing functionality), or
- The same status as the occurrence being enrolled into, or
- A specific status you select.
- Web enrolment processing manager. A new "Expand programmes in the Web Enrolment Processing Manager" preference has been added to Global Preferences -> Programme Preferences -> Web Enrolment tab to control whether all programmes are automatically expanded by default when opening the manager. Pressing the Refresh button in the manager will no longer expand all the programmes again - rather, it will retain whichever programmes and occurrences you had expanded before pressing Refresh.
- Delete classes with a pending web enrolment. An error no longer occurs when deleting a class that is linked to an unprocessed web enrolment.
- Invoice security in Trainer Portal. The "Invoice" entity has been added to Trainer Portal security to allow you to control whether trainers can view invoices.
- VET Student Loans TCSI connection. If you are using the VET Student Loans add-on, you can now configure a connection to TCSI to test whether your RTO is set up correctly in and can communicate with PRODA and TCSI. This is done in the Organisation wizard. You will need to be registered with and use the PRODA system to create a B2B device for your organisation, and enter those details into the Organisation wizard in VETtrak to activate the B2B device. All other TCSI-related functionality will be released in January 2021 in the upcoming VETtrak version 21.1 release; note that you must not update to that future 21.1 release until you no longer need to report VET Student Loans data via HEPCAT and are ready to start reporting via TCSI.
- Hosted launcher idle timeout reduced to 1 hour. VTLauncher will now timeout when the session has been idle (ie. there has been no user input) for 1 hour. This is to reduce the risk of unwanted access to data, and to improve performance for active users..
- Child employers. A new "Child employers" node has been added to the Employer Manager to view the employers that this employer is the parent of. Right-click options on each child employer allows you to edit, view the report for, and open it in the Employer Manager, and right-clicking the "Child employers" node allows you to create a new child employer.
- File notes for classes. You can now enter file notes for classes in the Programme Manager.
- Event and file note filter multiple types. The type filter in the Event and File Note panels in the various managers now allow you to select multiple types to filter by. The last-used event type filter will be remembered per-user.
- 2021 public holidays. Public holidays for 2021 have been added.
- QA rejection transaction error. A transaction error that could occur when rejecting items in the QA Manager in SQL Server has been fixed.
- Client search error. An error that could occur when opening various wizards when the "Default client manager search" preference is set to "Advanced" or "Groups/divisions" has been fixed.