The December 2020 National VET Data Policy is a revised policy that comes into effect from 1 January 2021. Schedule 1 of the policy includes minimum mandatory content for inclusion in a Privacy Notice which replaces the content from National Vet Data Policy 2018 that many of our VETenrol clients will be using for their Terms & Conditions.
This article will assist you to update your existing privacy notice to the latest version.
To complete all of the steps, you will need:
NOTE: This only applies to Clients that are using VETenrol's system default for their Terms & Conditions: either the field is blank, or the default has been inserted into the field and minor changes have been made.
The next step is to insert and modify the new default. This will completely replace any existing content.
- Click the Default button.
- Click the Edit () icon.
This will open the Editor:
Some key points for making the most of the Editor:
- You can move the editor pop-up by moving your mouse cursor into the header area. When the cursor changes to indicate movement is possible, click and drag to move the editor window.
- You can expand the editor's content area (vertically only), which will allow you to see more of the content at once.
- The View menu offers Full Screen mode, which will take up the whole of the VETenrol window. Don't forget to exit Full Screen by re-selecting the option again, so that you can accept the changes you've made and save.
You may need to make some additions to the default text specific to your RTO and how it operates. Check the instructions taken from the December 2020 National VET Data Policy for the following headings, and add your own text to the sections in the editor as needed.
- Why we collect your personal information
In accordance with APP 5.2(e), a collection notice should include the consequences for the individual if the personal information is not collected. If there are any consequences if an individual does not provide their personal information to you, you should explain these consequences here (e.g. that you will not be able to enrol them as a student).
- How we disclose your personal information
If any disclosures of students’ personal information to overseas recipients are likely, please include a statement notifying students of this likely disclosure and the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located (if it is practicable to specify those countries in the notice or to otherwise make the individual aware of them) in accordance with the requirements set out in APP 5.2(i) and (j).
- Contact Information
- Type in your contact details for users enquiring about the items on list provided in the content.
- Click the icon to insert a link.
- Enter the Text to display to the user.
- If you have additional information you want to display o
- Select New window for the Open link in option.
- Click Save.
- National Vet Data Policy